Heritage Owners Club

a couple Q's about the factory tour, mfg. process, etc...

chico

When I was last at the plant, Jim was showing me a H137 in TV yellow and compared it with a TV yellow refin, mentioning that there had been several customers that wanted a 'grainier' (for lack of better word) look to the color, maybe a little darker, aged look.  He showed me a couple different examples of TV yellow for comparison, but I've never mentioned it here before.

My question: during the tour, was custom ordering talked about, in terms of finish color, hardware, special requests?

Just curious.  You have to love the way the company responds to customer's needs.

Also, does Vince jam?  I think I read he owned a Heritage or was a player, just wondering.  Would be cool to see a shot of him modeling a H150~!

Last question: was there any singing at the event or was it all guitar wall to wall?  Seems like all guitar on the clips I've seen..?

I would love to order a pearl-white (not trans white) H150 CL with creme binding, silver hardware.  Not a 157, but a 150 in that color.  Creme pickguard.  I saw one of those on the final out rack that I simply drooled over.  Maybe it was being shipped to someone on this list..the white and creme really set off nicely and when I see the talk here about Alicia's (SP?) white H157 I think of the 150 I saw in pearl white.

Really enjoying the pics, stories, responses to the HOC campout, can't wait for next year I will be there.

Keep on relating the stories and anecdotes of Saturdays event!  I am checking back about every 15 mins!  ;D

Based on the event.. somehow I'm feeling guilty that I've bought 2 used Heritages, rather than two new ones.. Happy to give my monies to these guys..

Regarding some of your questions... What I believe I know is the following:

As far as custom orders are concerned, my understanding is that yes.. the nice thing about Heritage is that they'll build what you ask for. Supposedly you have to go through a dealer (i.e. Wolf, or frontline) for your order, and it will take a significant while (ask yoslate), but eventually you'll get what you order.

Having looked at some of the (way cool) videos there was some singing going on. Don't remember specifically who, but I definitely heard some tunes with yodeling going on as well as the awesome guitar playing.

Chico,

Ren talked very briefly (that I recall) about custom orders. Basically, money talks. ;D. They'll do custom anything, but don't ask how they do it - specifically mentioned were the HRWs. :wink: Ren said they had customers send in their own pickups, hardware and at times, even their own wood.

On the 137s, I saw several that were marked as "Very TV Yellow", but none that were finished. Well, maybe one or two in the electronics room.

Vince did not jam with us. He did lay down some mighty jams on the grill, tho'. He did a lot of the cooking.

Kuz, Thiery, Mikenov and I did a bit of vox. That's all I saw or remember, altho' others may have as well.

Archived