Heritage Owners Club

Dealers Special Orders -

Spectrum13

I was thinking it might be interesting to identify which custom options are stocked by which dealers.

For example, we all know Jay has the largest inventory with some unique models like the Korina 137s with fat necks sans scratch plates and tends to upgrade tuners and bridges. Bigorange gets all bone nuts and likes custom scratch plates. Some might do better set ups or have other exclusive stuff. I don't know. ???

One of the coolest things about H is they alter specs for their retailers. Since not all dealers are listing on Gbase and some of us would rather not wait for customs, ebay or Brent to get tired of his latest... would this idea move dealer stocks faster or just screw up the customer dealer relationships? >:D 

Unfortunately, G-base dealers are a necessary evil, if you will.

I actually prefer my local 'mom & pop' Heritage dealer, but their Heritage selection is very low. This means special order, which means more money, taxes, and WAIT TIME (although it's getting better and Heritage will expodite your order if you call and tell them you are a HOC member & how much you love them  :angel:)

Even a custom oder doesn't assure what you had in your mind's eye in terms of finsh, color, ect.

Thus, if you see the guitar that is as close as you want, you at least can see pics and maybe trust the dealer about the guitar's playability & tone, and save some money & wait time.

Thats a tough question to identify every dealer and which options they stock ....

for me its almost like every order is a custom order for stocking purposes.  Bring some in various configurations ... change things up a bit on the next order.  i don't like the stock to look cookie cutter if at all possible ... kinda tough these days with the majority of manufacturers.

The other obstacle for us Heritage dealers is that there are many variables and options.  Most of us small dealers can't afford to hang each model with each color choice with each option available.  We do our best to represent the line but rarely do the planets align where we have the exact model, color, pickups, etc so it results in a custom order.

Thats a tough question to identify every dealer and which options they stock ....

for me its almost like every order is a custom order for stocking purposes.  Bring some in various configurations ... change things up a bit on the next order.  i don't like the stock to look cookie cutter if at all possible ... kinda tough these days with the majority of manufacturers.

The other obstacle for us Heritage dealers is that there are many variables and options.  Most of us small dealers can't afford to hang each model with each color choice with each option available.  We do our best to represent the line but rarely do the planets align where we have the exact model, color, pickups, etc so it results in a custom order.

John,

Do you have time to be online like this? Shouldn't you be getting custom quotes or something like that? Hmmmmm..............  ;D

Archived