Heritage Owners Club

Bringing the Heritage in to Kalamazoo for a Setup - Worth it?

Mike Doyle

I sent my 150 back to the Factory for a fret job and they destroyed my guitar. It was unplayable when I got it back. They also held on to it for 4 months. It was the worst experience I've ever had. It came back with a different tailpiece (?????) and extra strap pins rattling around in the case. The store owner who sent it back for me wouldn't even charge me.

Heritage builds great guitars but after that, I'm on my own.

Take it to someone you know and trust.

I love these guitars but the customer service was not so good. No one ever returned calls from me or the guy that owned the store where I bought it.

I sent my 150 back to the Factory for a fret job and they destroyed my guitar. It was unplayable when I got it back. They also held on to it for 4 months. It was the worst experience I've ever had. It came back with a different tailpiece (?????) and extra strap pins rattling around in the case. The store owner who sent it back for me wouldn't even charge me.

Heritage builds great guitars but after that, I'm on my own.

Take it to someone you know and trust.

I love these guitars but the customer service was not so good. No one ever returned calls from me or the guy that owned the store where I bought it.

that is certainly a lot different that what we are used to hearing...i'm sorry you had a bad experience.  all i can say is nobody's perfect, but with your situation, it sounds like somebody was just having an off day or something?

Hi Mike,

Took my H150 CL and Milllie DC in to the factory a few months back, probs with the G and B strings on each guitar seemingly havng to be tuned all the time..I knew something wasn't right, Ren took one look and within an hour's time I had both back.

They stay in tune great now!

photos over on photobucket, make sure to post some there of your git.

my millie is DC in old style burst, bought it new in 04.  love it.

love ALL my heritages.

Sounds like the dreaded "Kalamazoo Nut Pinch" to me. I've had that and lemme tell ya, it twernt fun. Sometimes, and certainly not all the time, a little lubricant in the nut groove and on the string will help... it helped with mine until I had someone with nut files open the grooves up a little. I should really get around to getting a set of nut files... but I'm afraid that if I get them I'll turn into my own worst enemy and want to use them.... AGAINST ME!

Sounds like the dreaded "Kalamazoo Nut Pinch" to me. I've had that and lemme tell ya, it twernt fun. Sometimes, and certainly not all the time, a little lubricant in the nut groove and on the string will help... it helped with mine until I had someone with nut files open the grooves up a little. I should really get around to getting a set of nut files... but I'm afraid that if I get them I'll turn into my own worst enemy and want to use them.... AGAINST ME!

Yeah I got a problem with the G string. I have to re tune on every song that has a 1 step bend in it live. By the end of the solo on Pearl Jam's Alive....I am in D tuning hahaha

I think I am going to hold off on the $75 work. I am very good with guitars, and can polish the frets and set the guitar up myself fine, including a little nut shaping. I just wanted some feedback on whether you truly get a 'special' service for bringing your Heritage in to the shop.

In conclusion, it looks like 50/50 mixed reviews, thumbs up on the tour, but not necessarily worth the 4am wake up to drive 5 hours to get the guitar in on time :)

Thanks for the responses!

Archived