Heritage Owners Club

Faber ABR Replacement bridge for H-150's

jamison162

Just ordered up some Faber hardware for the H-150.  An ABR "retofit" bridge (fits Nashville studs/mounts), wireless, solid brass saddles, pre-notched (can be good or bad?), and a set of the Tone-Lock steel tailpiece studs and spacers.  All for $92 shipped.   The ABR is $50 and the Studs are $36.   

Larry Corsa, the owner of CV Guitars (US Faber Distributor) is known for excellent customer service.  I emailed him about the website showing the ABR's being out of stock and he responded right away saying everything is in stock, the website is just not up-to-date.

width=600 height=466http://www.cvguitars.com/images/ABR59-lg.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=429http://cvgshop.com/images/Faber-ToneLock-1.jpg[/img]

p10.jpgp11.jpg

...known for excellent customer service....saying everything is in stock, the website is just not up-to-date.

There is a disconnect between those two statements, what with this being the "Age of Teh Intarwebs" and all.  :o

Interesting looking bridge. I can't wait to hear how you like it/what difference it makes. The pre-notched saddles is one of those things that gets debated from time to time. I can see both sides...you have a starting point and it's not like they're notched half-way into the saddle. OTOH, if your guitar was built just a hair out of whack, or you have some preferred string spacing arrangement, you're kind of stuck with whatever they put on there.  Six of one, half-dozen of the other, I think.

Good guy and great stuff. Locking the tailpiece to the studs and locking both to the body in such a simple and elegant way made it a no brainier for me. It's on all my axes, even the 137 with wraptail bridge.  Have not tried that bridge but it's tempting and should solve the strings hitting the back of the bridge / angle thing and allow dropping the tailpiece lower.  If it locked to the post like the tone pros it would be tough NOT to go for it so let us know how it works on the angle thing. BTW just swapped to an aluminum stoptail on the 150 and agree totally with Gartman. Could not believe how different it sounded. Better for jazz and clean but not so for overdriven rock stuff. Much more dynamic and touch sensitive. Tone report please!

Order is shipping today, hopefully I will have time to install and setup before our gig on Sunday afternoon.  I tried a Gotoh lightweight Aluminum tailpiece and have already decided it's not for me.  Added clarity and brightness but I feel it lost to much umph.  Like you said good for blues, not so much for rock.

I'll be installing the ABR, locking studs and going back to the stock tailpiece.  I just hope the stock chrome and Faber nickel hardware all gel together looks wise.  Faber doesn't have anything in chrome.

Not yet, waiting on new tuners and caps to finish upgrading this baby!  The tone-lock system is a no brainer though, very tight threads and the whol spacers things really work well, for only $36 it's a steal.....I mean steel, hehehehe.

The ABR is very nice as well, the saddles are tough to pop out though.  I had one issue with one saddle being a little too wide and not sitting in the recessed groove of the "A" string properly.  I popped it out and switched with the "G" string saddle which sits on top of the bridge (not recessed) and everything worked out fine.  It's a solid bridge. Can't wait to hear it.

• 3 months later...

Archived