Heritage Owners Club

Can I replace old 'ugly' tailpiece?

jjkrause84

Looks like mine, JJ :) A beaut and a good price too!

Regarding the tailpiece studs, it was a while ago but I seem to remember that the locating 'head' on the stud is smaller for the Schaller tailpiece, necessitating a change.

Thanks, man. I got it for 900 pounds in the end. I pick it up a week from today. I can't believe what a good deal this seems to be!

• 2 weeks later...

The roller bridge is interesting , but is it a tone sucker?

It's great for a Bigsby or if you like really fine control over your string spacing. Personally, I replace the bridge, tailpiece and tuners on my Heritages with TonePros.

I got the information from H (thanks) and ordered the same set you did. I changed out the studs, though I think you don't have too since the set screws hold the bridge on. I just did it to complete the change and saved the original studs with the old bridge. I did not change the inserts in the guitar. I left the old ones in.

Lpnmo4, wich was advised in this post .

That was me doing the advising :) Now all we need is.....

......pics!!!! Or it never happened ;)

Ok last question , I am sure that you have to adjust the intonation when putting the new bridge on.?

Yes, that's a good thing to do. It's very unlikely that the new saddles will be in exactly the same place as the previous ones straight out of the box. Make sure that you put the bridge on the right way round - the saddles will be notched and the low E will have a wider notch than the high E.

Ok!!! Very easy to swap out to tone pros. What really freaked me out that I didnt have to fine tune the saddles,(but I will double check). There is a tremendous. Difference. Feels a lot easer to play. I also hear and feel a more fuller tone.really deep sturdy , u can hear the wood talkin. Lol. Thanks guys for the info on the tone pro swap!!

Archived