Heritage Owners Club

Help needed identifying a model!

bananaheadstock

Hello Heritage fans!

I've been asked by a friend to find out which model this guitar is, because I'm USUALLY quite good at sourcing such information. However, after days of trawling the internet, I can't find a match on this one...the closest model I can find is a STAT, but that's not the one. Photos are attched below...

From the serial number I've assertained that the guitar was made in early 1987. Banana headstock, bolt-on maple neck, dual covered humbuckers, and a strange "textured" finish that I'm not familiar with. Also the single control is, as far as I can make out, a blend between the 2 pickups rather than a volume control.

Can anyone out there shed some light on the model, and if possible a rough valuation for this guitar? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out!

Many thanks :)

post-15841-0-65228300-1373965722_thumb.jpg

post-15841-0-37348100-1373965738_thumb.jpg

post-15841-0-83703700-1373965750_thumb.jpg

I took the control plate off, but its just an address for the shop that sold it originally (Sound Investments in Devon)

Who is Brent? Sorry I'm a complete newbie here!

Brent aka brentrocks, has owned just about every Heritage model there ever has been. Or ever will be for that matter :thumbsup:

The H120 is a single cut, LP Jr. style guitar. I bet that is a version of the the H162. More STAT like than the the H120. The headstocks varied during production probably, just like the STATS. I prefer the "banana" style over the hockey stick.

h162.jpg

Coool, thanks for your help guys! If anyones got any clue of value that's my next goal...obviously there's very little information on them, I'm thinking it's either 1) Worth something because of it apparent rareity and vintage status, or 2) Worth nothing because of its lightness and seemingly low demand.

All told, it really is a fantastic guitar, and if it were mine I wouldnt want to sell it. But it's his axe and he needs the money, I just don't want to point him in the wrong direction!

Weird guitar. I don't believe that I've seen a lot of 2 humbucker set ups with only a volume control? and what exactly is the finish... is that some kind of grey sparkle or faux concrete?

Value??? Considering that someone can usually find a decent STAT that will occasionally pop up for $700-$1000ish and the guitar's tonal limitations, I'd be surprised to see it sold for anything over $500......but then again who the hell am I to say? JMHO

The 80s naming convention was to append a "D" for double humbuckers. H-101D would be my guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Interesting, but where would that leave the 207DD ?

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/270-88-h207dd-csb/

Good question. When I first bought my H-137D, I asked someone at the factory what the D meant. That was the answer they gave. Maybe DD was double VIP?

The hazy naming conventions are just one of the many endearing mysteries surrounding Heritage.

Good question. When I first bought my H-137D, I asked someone at the factory what the D meant. That was the answer they gave. Maybe DD was double VIP?

The hazy naming conventions are just one of the many endearing mysteries surrounding Heritage.

VIP was called, eh, VIP. Double VIP was D-VIP.

Maybe 137D was for Dick, as in Seacup ? :thumbsup:

Archived