Heritage Owners Club

Lawd' ave mercy!

jacques

Another song for those with time and good internet connections. It is a blues I wrote some hundred years ago with a few unusual chord sequences. All the fills are The Heritage H150 with Seymour Duncans '59 pickups (the Classic configuration). Only the guitar solo I did on my cheap Classic 70s Mexican strat (albeit with Seymour Duncan and Suhr pickups)- and a Callahan tremolo block).

Comments are welcome!

http://boomp3.com/listen/c0m9ordrl_8/lawd-ave-mercy

No Bob, you can ALWAYS say what you want, I know you're OK :-*

The reason I picked up the strat was because after doing all the fills I needed the inspiration of a different neck, a tremolo, a single coil or whatever to make sure there was some variation in the song and not just a repeat of all the fills I had already played in between my vocals. But the 162 could have provided that difference too, hence the 'interesting question'. I guess I took the stratocaster because it is also a fine bluesguitar, whereas the 162 goes more in the direction of the superstrats with their more modern (Ibanez-like) vibe.

But, like you Bob, I've always owned one or two guitars and they did it for me also... My first good guitar was a Yamaha SG700 (the cheaper version of Santana's SG2000, but still good) with coil taps 'n all for lots of variations in sound. Then I got a (Jerry Donahue) telecaster which led me in different directions again and was also very versatile. Then came a Parker Fly de Luxe which I traded my Yamaha for.  Then three years ago I suddenly got in trouble with GAS after I discovered The Heritage, I started collecting. I was also lucky to find my 162, the VIP2 and the Stratocaster for a cheap price. I am very lucky to have an 18 year old son who is crazy about guitar playing, so my investment in guitars is also for him!

But what is very true: picking up a different guitar gives you different inspiration.

Archived