Heritage Owners Club

Finally the jazz machine

jazzbo

Thanks to Brent, I now own a 550 , born 2004 and in great shape !

will add some better pics, but couldnt resist the threesome !

This guitar looks and sounds a hell of a lot liek a Gibson Tal Farlow.. can any one of you experts out there tell me more ? Are the specs the same.. Did/does Heritage make a lot of these ? What does the "custom" on the headstock mean ? It has HRW's

Currently strung with Thomastik 12 Be bops.. has any body strung this with 13 flats ? appreciate all info

Brent, thanks again for pointing me to this one, you guys are terrific folks

threehsmall.jpg

Twoh small.jpg

threeh horizsmall.jpg

Here you go, larger pics

Diff from Sweet 16:

- Tone -bigger body much warmer

- Sweet 16 neck radius seems a little different (maybe just my imaginatio)

- much more stable becasue of laminate top

- intonation more precise

- can be played louder

- Sweet 16 accoustic tone is ..sweet, the 550 has nothing on her..sweet 16 has a carved tuned top and more, this one is laminate

TwoHmedium.JPG

TwoHmedium.JPG_thumb

threeHorizonmed.JPG

three her medium.JPG

three her medium.JPG_thumb

Am happy with my '98 H-550 with Charlie Chrisitian pickup. By the way, Lollar makes a great CC copy. My tech put one on one of his own guitars, and it has that same biting tone. Heritage built mine according to request, No: 1. pickups  2. fretboard inlay  3. knobs

They even allowed me to substitute the Eagle Classic fretboard and Grover Imperials. All for $1,500. Money saved allowed me to do my own thing with it. Doubt if any other company would do this. They even overbraced the top to support the heavy pickup, and gave me drawings and suggestions as to how to put it in.- Charles

UNIKH Would love to see pics of your Custom 98 550, please post ! Do you have 13's on it or 12's ..please share...also if you have  a sound clip, would love tohear what it sounds like

I have had my 550 for about 2 years, love it!  I play roots rock, country, Cajun, Zydeco with it and even some country!  I changed to pups to SD Pearly Gates, and coil tapped the tone knobs, it is a great rock and roll guitar.  BUT, I can also get nice jazz tones with it.

Are you playing more along the lines of Chet style country? Wouldn't think the 550 would twang out quite enough for Travis-type country. Or does it? I'd love to ditch the Strat for one of my Heritages. But I need that twangy thang too often.

Archived