Heritage Owners Club

Positive Grid BIAS - this is VERY cool

barrymclark

The wait was well worth it.

Once I got it downloaded, I built my Starlite amp. After some tweaking from the original design, I was pretty happy with the tone I was getting.

I then imported that amp into Positive Grid's JamUp and put it in the signal path with a compressor, tape echo (VERY subtle), old Fender reverb (very subtle) and then to a graphic EQ that is only SLIGHTLY varied from flat on the sliders. (ignore the knob positions in the pictures. That isn't accurate. When you open the effect, you can see the actual positions.)

I LOVE the tone my Mesa gets. This rivals it.

I am currently running this through the Aux-In of my Cube.

I don't know when I will get around to doing a video of it so... attached are some snap shots I took.

It has a Fender Tweed front end and tone stack. A Marshall style power section (push/pull). Solid state rectifier. All that into a Twin style cabinet. The mic position is back away from the speakers a fair amount to give the tone less of an IN YOUR FACE sound. The BIAS where it applies is set warm.

The compressor in JamUp give that great initial bark that often gets lost in emulations.

post-987-0-95762800-1384465411_thumb.jpg

post-987-0-94445600-1384465816_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

The wait was well worth it.

Once I got it downloaded, I built my Starlite amp. After some tweaking from the original design, I was pretty happy with the tone I was getting.

I then imported that amp into Positive Grid's JamUp and put it in the signal path with a compressor, tape echo (VERY subtle), old Fender reverb (very subtle) and then to a graphic EQ that is only SLIGHTLY varied from flat on the sliders. (ignore the knob positions in the pictures. That isn't accurate. When you open the effect, you can see the actual positions.)

I LOVE the tone my Mesa gets. This rivals it.

I am currently running this through the Aux-In of my Cube.

I don't know when I will get around to doing a video of it so... attached are some snap shots I took.

It has a Fender Tweed front end and tone stack. A Marshall style power section (push/pull). Solid state rectifier. All that into a Twin style cabinet. The mic position is back away from the speakers a fair amount to give the tone less of an IN YOUR FACE sound. The BIAS where it applies is set warm.

The compressor in JamUp give that great initial bark that often gets lost in emulations.

How heavy is this rig? Like a Marshall Plexi or Twin Reverb?

When did I become OLD and get left behind in the tech world :crazy: I really need to learn more about all the options now available, that is if I can get an iPad to borrow from one of my kids :P

I'm right there with you. I bet it's cooler than the other side of the pillow.

• 1 month later...

Archived