Heritage Owners Club

Pick-up surrounds

jmb27

I just got my H150 back home after some playin'/house-party/giggin' and noticed the neck pick-up surround is broken. Not sure who/how/where/when happened. But would like to replace/fix it. Do I need to order direct from Heritage company or are there replacement parts from other manufacturers that will fit?

cheers always, eh

Joel

p.s. my apologies if this has already been asked/posted/discussed

Why do the neck p/up surrounds on Heritage guitars crack?

A guess would be the fact that there is less plastic material vertically there. 

Some put their guitar straps down on the strings when they close their cases.  The bridge pickup surround is thicker and the strings, which the strap lies on, are better supported by the bridge.  Whereas the neck pickup/surround is more exposed. 

A guess, k?

Just make sure you get the right size.  I ordered some this week for my 150 from guitarfetish.com and they did not match the holes at all.  They were way too far apart and I would have had to drill new ones.  I've had several  rings break over the years on different brands of guitars.  I live in Vegas so I think it's "the dry heat".  I would say spend a little more money for good quality ones so you don't have the same problem I had.  My .2 cents.

Archived