Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Amplification - not making amps right now?

Heritage525

• 1 month later...

I would imagine that a lot of the smaller, boutique amp builders and luthiers will have a rough go of it with the current economic conditions. The mega-conglomerate brands, while building OK guitars, don't represent great value in my opinion. I hope Heritage Guitar will weather this downturn, but hey, Gibson started up in 1894, made it through two world wars, the Great Depression, numerous recessions and they're still around (albeit unrecognizable).

It will be a shame if Heritage Amplification goes under, because that Colonial they had in the test room at the factory sounded fan-freaking-tastic. Maybe it's time to find one (or maybe a Kenny Burrell) on the used market.

I would imagine that a lot of the smaller, boutique amp builders and luthiers will have a rough go of it with the current economic conditions. The mega-conglomerate brands, while building OK guitars, don't represent great value in my opinion. I hope Heritage Guitar will weather this downturn, but hey, Gibson started up in 1894, made it through two world wars, the Great Depression, numerous recessions and they're still around (albeit unrecognizable).

It will be a shame if Heritage Amplification goes under, because that Colonial they had in the test room at the factory sounded fan-freaking-tastic. Maybe it's time to find one (or maybe a Kenny Burrell) on the used market.

That Colonial was kinda sweet, wasn't it. :thumbsup: I'm kinda jonesing for a Victory at the moment. 22watts, 112, 6v6 duet? Whats not to love about that?? Wonder what they go for ... if you can find one.

Mine is for sale for $1999 on my website, but I'm keeping it. The best demo amp I've got. I may know where another is for $1800 delivered in CONUS if he still has it (another dealer, it's new).

Jerry, thanks. For now, tho', I'll have to keep jonesing. Got a Millie coming and haven't paid it in full yet. But after that ... who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

From Paul C. himself>>>

Yeah - the amps are done for now. The factory shut down of the guitars in the summer of '07 killed us. We didn't see that coming, and we went from selling a couple dozen amps a month to nothing overnight. None of our dealers wanted any amps until they were sure they'd get their guitars. That dragged on for so long that I decided to bail in Dec '07 to do pedals full time, and the amp company closed up shop in March of '08. I don't know if the owner will get things back up. Everybody there has moved on, so he'd need a new crew to do it.

anyway - that's about that.

Later, PaulC

myspace.com/paulcaudio

Archived