Heritage Owners Club

Second Amp For Stereo? Advice Needed!

I have a budget that is not very high... $500 at the MOST! I realize this limits my selection of amps but I played through my pedalboard this weekend in stereo for the first time and I am ADDICTED to how much fun it was. Even though my electric was plugged into my Fishman SA220, the stereo tremolo effect was mind blowing, especially with some ethereal reverb. I played for 4 hours, and cannot get another amp purchase out of my head. I was overdriving the SA220, which is an acoustic amp so it sounded very sterile, I want a tube head. I just got a few new pedals on the board and they are both stereo, I sold some old ones off and I am confident my board is set now. I got a Supa Trem 2 and a Trinity reverb.

So, this is where I need help. I am looking at the original Vox Night Train because it is inexpensive $220 local CL, and looks to sound really really good. I am not really interested in Solid State amps. If I go the Night Train route I will need a 2x12 cab as well. I am thinking this would be nice because I could plug my Gries 35 into that cab if I ever wanted to. I think the Vox Night Train, due to it being a little different flavor than the blackface Fender tone, would pair well and sound cool in stereo. I am looking for opinions though so please suggest away.

IMG_5731_zps792b1ae8.jpg

Is it possible for you to just get another speaker cab and run stereo that way?

Is it possible for you to just get another speaker cab and run stereo that way?

I never thought of that... Could be, I did pull the trigger on the Night Train and I am loving it! I need to find a cab. Initially I was thinking 2x12 but I may just get a 1x12 cab for it.

It is kinda neat having two different flavors of tone mixed together.

It is kinda neat having two different flavors of tone mixed together.

That's what I go for. My setup usually incorporates my way modded Deluxe reissue, and my 5E-3 (tweed Deluxe clone) plus its 1x12 extension cab. Killer tone...everywhere! By the way...I love my Euphoria!!

I just ordered a VHT 1X12 cabinet for the night train. I got it along with four sets of strings for $180. I will most likely be swapping out the speaker for an eminence swamp thang, or a WGS reaper 55hz.

Yes, I love the euphoria. My pedal board is completely set, I am content with everything on there and don't see it changing in the near future.

Does anyone have any speaker recommendations that could be used with both the night train and my 35W combo amp? The cab is closed back.

Archived