Heritage Owners Club

New KBP810 Amp design loosely based on a Matchless Spitfire WOW

This amp started its life as a NOS Blues Junior but needed to be repurposed as it started acting up after some BILLM mods. I always liked the footprint of the Blues Jr. and often grab and go with a Pro junior when I play the local Thursday night blues jam, Just a red guitar, an amp cord, and the truth. Finally took my recently HARD CORE PAWN acquired 1987 Gibson 335 out for a spin.

On the amp itself, Brian repurposed the chassis, and the transformers and gutted the rest. Once complete, the LaFond Jr. AMP will have the coolest AMP panel around. Instead of a volume control, it has a LOUD control, all of the settings on the LOUD Control are going to be 2 as when ever I play, often times I am told I am 2 Loud. With this setup, I will always be 2 LOUD (except in the video I attached, I could have turned up to the next 2 Loud Setting). I will post some pics once the panel is done (there will be other suprises). The amp is basically the Matchless Spitfire without reverb with tone controls and a master volume.

Luckily, I have a nice Kendricks Stand alone reverb unit I got from Steiner that matches the amp perfectly in tweed. But reverb, I don't need no stinkin reverb, this amp sings (just wish I turned up a little).

Since this was the 335's first trip out, you gotta play some Chuck Berry on it (I always try and play a Chuck song anyway)

Another great creation by Brian with this amp here.

Here is some OH CAROL from Thursday's jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1QtNQlzhns

Archived