Heritage Owners Club

Milli or Prospect?

pushover

This is probably a stupid question, but I haven't had a chance to play either or these, and I'd like to know what should one expect between the two of them? I have my 157 and 535, so in what ways are these similar or different? Any sharing of wisdom is appreciated.. Thanks.

I think you need to own both in order to make an informed opinion. Meaning YOU should own both and then offer an opinion.  >:D

Seriously, I just went thru this same dilemma. I went with the Milli simply because my wife thought the ears on the Prospect looked funny. Seriously. However, intentions are to own both by next July. Well, I already own a Mille SAE, but just ordered a Millie DC. I did get to play a Prospect and really liked it. Just needed a fatter neck. Other than that, both are mighty fine instruments.

I own both a Prospect and 535.  I am fortunate enough to work close to Wolfe's.......I spent a few hours there doing side by side comparisons between every Milli's, Prospects, and 535's at Wolfe's with Graham's assitance.  Hands down the Prospect I ended up buying was a clear winner.....tone and playability.  So you know my original intent was to buy a Milli.....

I enjoy playing the Prospect so much that I went back to Wolfe's 3 weeks later to buy its big brother--a 535.....the day I went there Jay had just received a new shipment and I got pick of the litter.  Talk about happy....both guitars have Seth Lovers, same 24 3/4 scale, same neck profile......and can flat out play.  The 535 has a little more "bassy" tone but not enough to make a big difference between them.

I had to laugh at Tulk's comment......

Seriously, I just went thru this same dilemma. I went with the Milli simply because my wife thought the ears on the Prospect looked funny.

As I thought the same thing about the Milli....I just could not get past the "droopy" look of its "ears" and I didn't want a single cutaway......but make no mistake it is an incredible guitar in every aspect.

It will be a matter of personal choice.....either way you will be extremely happy. 

Jim C

Hi pushover.

I am in the fortunate position of owning both a Millie and a Prospect.

They are two different animals entirely, in my case a major factor in that are the pickups.

The Millie has HRWs and the Prospect has Seths, again completely different sounds from both. The HRWs can easily give a very Tele like tone from the bridge pickup and are actually quite good for hard rocking tones as there output is substantially more than that from the Seths.

The Prospect vibrates differently from the Millie, it feels more alive acoustically, whereas the Millie can be cranked up higher before it starts to feedback.

If you are primarily a blues player then I would opt for the Prospect, those Seths really do sound wonderful in that  small package. If you need an axe that will do a decent heavy rock sound and also cut through for clean twangin' tones then a Millie with HRWs might be an option.

Tough call.

prospect_10_w.JPGwidth=600 height=450http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/442-5/prospect_09_w.JPG[/img]

millennium_13_w.JPGwidth=600 height=450http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/425-5/millennium_12_w.JPG[/img]

( I'm gettin' GAS looking at those myself !)

:o :o :o

Yeh.. but he's flipped the negatives or something? It almost looks like they're made for a lefty :rolleyes:

Damn I thought I was doing something wrong !

Hold on a minute, I'll try just flipping them over ...

width=600 height=450http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/funnies/rightyprospect_09_w.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/funnies/rightymillennium_12_w.jpg[/img]

( save me hitting all of those switches  :wink:)

Archived