Heritage Owners Club

H150 25th Anniversary Necks

gpuma

I am curious about the H150 25th anniversary series.

Do they typically have “60’s fast/slim” or “50’s thick” necks (or neither)?

Were they more standardized or is this model in a typical Heritage fashion, all over the place?

I am curious about the H150 25th anniversary series.

Do they typically have “60’s fast/slim” or “50’s thick” necks (or neither)?

Were they more standardized or is this model in a typical Heritage fashion, all over the place?

Hi Gio!!! Hope all is well.

I have a 25th 535 and it is really the fattest neck of all my Heritages. Not uncomfortable in any way, just noticeably thicker.

I currently own or have owned 4 Heritage's from either 2009 or 2010 that have all seemed to have had exceptionally FAT necks.

In fact my very first Heritage and still my #1 is a 09' H-535 that measures (.89) @ 1st fret.

But just like your OP says.....the measurements are probably all over the place.

The "thick" neck thing seems to have been experiencing an upsurge around that time in general. Maybe the dealers were just going with the was popular for their non custom inventory?

Well, you take from this what you've paid for it . . .

Using some old tired eyes and an eight dollar caliper, I got:

H150 25th is 0.84 at the 1st and 0.96 at the 12th fret

H535 25th is 0.89 at the 1st and 1.00 at the 12th fret

They feel a bit chunky, but comfortable with a modest asymmetrical profile. I once tried to capture the profile by fitting a piece of 12 gauge wire to the contour and pencil tracing to paper. The H150 is in the middle. Again, while interesting, it might not be worth much.

7041beecc4b84984dd788925be9705e8_zps6tez

Archived