Heritage Owners Club

What new Heritage would you like to see?

skydog

Speaking of onboard phase shifters. here's a little blast from the past for all you folks who remember the Electra guitar invasion of the mid 1970's.

This page has actual sound file examples of the different MPC module types that were available.

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/modules.php

And this page here is interesting as it shows they were ahead of there time with the various wiring/phase combinations they could derive with two humbucker PU's in place. (PRS may have taken a queue?)

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/wire.php

-Reintroduction of the Firebird model with Lollar mini-hums.

-More widespread use of Korina in the solidbody models.

-Fitment of RS Electronics as standard - have only recently tried these on a friend's guitar, going to have to kit out my 157 similarly methinks!

-Better nut and binding work.

Thanks for the Electra link, Kaz.  These guitars were ahead of their time in many ways, but as ARP learned with the Avatar, selling technology to guitarists is a complicated proposition.  I was an early adopter of the Avatar, which failed famously; Roland did somewhat better with the guitar synth.  While certain innovations will stick, guitarists tend to prefer a traditional guitar and a series of stomp boxes.  Keyboard players are different breed altogether, however.

Howabout a robot guitar geared for the new generation of potential players too unmotivated (dimwitted?) to learn guitar unless it is tuned automatically for them....oh sorry I forgotl  Gibson already thought of THAT one.

Or maybe even light-up LED's on the neck, or an onboard phase shifter!

Isn't that what Guitar Hero is for?

H-150 with a Earvana compensated nut, a Stetsbar, Bill Lawrence pickups, RS superpots for the volume controls, metal jack plate. That's how mine end up (except for my black-and-tan, which has the TonePros tailpiece studs and the Nashville bridge with 6-32 allen screws to fix it to the posts). Seriously, the Stetsbar is THE whammy for a LP-style guitar.

Oh, and a creme top and walnut-stained back/neck would be great, too.

Other than that, I like them just the way they are.

rooster.

I would really love to see a new neckthrough solid body guitar, with nice curves, a stop tailpiece, and fine tuners.  Anything to maximize the natural sustain in the guitar plus the aesthetics of multi-woodgrains.  The old hollow-bodies are great, but their time has mostly passed or will.

• 1 month later...

A Super Eagle or similar carved archtop with a Charlie Christian pickup. I had one that I had for years put in my custom H-550 that I ordered without pickups back in 1998. Will never sell it because it has that clear bite that humbuckers and P-90's don't have. Of course, depending on the room, etc., I have to position myself differently to avoid horrific hum. Am a big fan of Barney Kessel's, and am new to this site. Would love to work at Heritage!

Archived