Heritage Owners Club

What's the difference between a 555 and a 555 classic

big bob

I can't find any images of old catalogs to confirm this memory, but I think that when Heritage first began offering Duncan pickups as catalog-listed alternatives to the stock Schallers, the guitars with Duncans were designated "classics." (The exception I can think of being the Eagle Classic, which was a distinct model.)

It would be great if the new owners would do some digital archiving of this sort of information.

Anybody know the difference between a 555 and a 555 classic?

I can't find any images of old catalogs to confirm this memory, but I think that when Heritage first began offering Duncan pickups as catalog-listed alternatives to the stock Schallers, the guitars with Duncans were designated "classics." (The exception I can think of being the Eagle Classic, which was a distinct model.)

It would be great if the new owners would do some digital archiving of this sort of information.

I used the wayback machine to find the model listings from 2002, and, at that point, a 535 classic and a 575 classic are listed; the only spec. different from the standard model seem to be Duncan pickups. So, if precedent holds --admittedly a dangerous assumption for either occupant of 225 Parsons St., -- then ...

Archived