Heritage Owners Club

List of New Owner Threads?

Hey all - I'm new to the forum, and trying to find out all I can about the sale and what that means for Heritage. I've read through a few of the largest threads on the topic, but perhaps others here can point me to the most relevant discussions.

Now that the dust has settled a bit, does it look like they will continue to build guitars as they always have? Are the current builders sticking around? Sorry of this has all been discussed, but even though I'm 6 Heritages deep, there are always more I still want to get my hands on :)

There will be changes in how the plant is set up to a large degree, but the method of creating their instruments will remain the same....

Included in the renovations will be a 2,000-square-foot beer garden, a bar or restaurant and observational areas to see the iconic Gibson smokestack through skylights from within the building and finishing areas for the Heritage manufacturing space. An intimate performance venue also is a possibility.

The building will feature upgraded and expanded manufacturing space for Heritage, along with other rehabilitated space for current and future tenants.

"What I like about it is it's helping an existing company grow," said BRA member Fritz Brown. "Its architecture and concept is helping the history and keeping the Heritage/Gibson guitar story alive."

Other businesses located in the building include a small woodworking company, a printing company, a window company and a corporate office for a local pizza chain. Developers say they are working on relocating those businesses to other buildings during the renovation. Heritage will move to a different part of the building during the renovation.

PlazaCorp intends to redevelop the 5 acre former Gibson Guitar manufacturing site at 225 Parsons St. to include upgraded and expand manufacturing space. The estimated $12 million project will include a new 2,000 square foot beer garden and observational areas to view the Gibson Smokestack and fabrication of Heritage Guitars.

There will be changes in how the plant is set up to a large degree, but the method of creating their instruments will remain the same....

That's certainly good to hear, and it's the impression I'm getting as I go through more back-threads.

Archived