Heritage Owners Club

Leon Rhodes

rwinking

I am buying a Leon Rhodes and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of wood the body was made of?

Mahogany, which makes it a fairly light guitar. Congrats. I'm guessing you are the new owner of the "Blue One?"

One day --the good lord willin' and the cre'k don't rise, as they say in Eastern NC where I'm from (but where there are lots of creeks that do rise)-- I'm going to get mine, the red one, set up in the way I envisioned when I bought it. Mini, strat, tele, done in a way that it could go back to original.

I wish I could say that one day I'll be able to play like Leon, but, that's not going to happen.

I wou

I would have thought that Mahagony would have made it heavier than say Ash?

Yep. I am getting the blue one hoping that I will magically start playing like Leon. Although my Johnny Smith never helped me play like him.

I would have thought that Mahagony would have made it heavier than say Ash?

Yep. I am getting the blue one hoping that I will magically start playing like Leon. Although my Johnny Smith never helped me play like him.

Mine is definitely lighter than any of the tele type (Fender/G&L) guitars that I own or have owned. The body of the Rhodes is not as thick as a standard tele, for one thing. I think you'll enjoy the way it balances and feels

Yep. That's the one. I am not so concerned about he weight as I am that it may sound too much like my Stat as it is also Mahogany with three pickups.

Archived