Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Website

skydog

The Heritage Website should list what pickups, pots, jacks, frets, tuners, etc are used on each and every model. It is sorely lacking in information. Does anyone know what is standard with regards to the above. I realize the pups might be out of the question as they are mixed up pretty well throughout the line. But what about the rest of the parts?

My impression is that since they'll put together just about any kind of guitar you want there isn't much

point for them to specify a particular configuration as being standard.  What would it mean ?  I think

with Heritage you have to do your homework beforehand and know exactly what you want.  This way

there'll be few surprises, or questions like "what kind of pickups do I have, anyway ?"

Paul P

Well considering the G word lacks the same information on their website, I think Heritage is up to date.  There's no doubt the website would benefit from a major overhaul.  I think it would benefit by possibly listing standard features and standard options, but they are a custom shop and in most cases anything is possible.

My opinion is the best way to get Heritage information is from Jay Wolfe; he knows what they have or will make available, and can usually tell you what the best combination of things is for any particular use.

He's fair, he's got more "juice" at Heritage than anybody else I know, and he's honest and helpful.

And no, he doesn't pay me to say that,   ;D    I've found it to be true over the last 7 or 8 years.

There website could stand some improvement. There is no doubt, however, unlike most companies, if you have further questions, you can call them directly and ask questions about specifics. Based on my past experiences, they will be happy to answer your questions.

One thing I really like about Heritage is that the guys that run it are the same guys that answer the phone and the reason they are still there is because they love doing what they are doing. I imagine most all would have retired years ago if they didn't.

They love guitars and love talking guitars.

The very same reason folks like us are on this forum  8)

I predict major changes in the Heritage website.  Look for a complete re-do.  They are already starting to take down some of the old text.

Just my guess.  I'm sure the new President will be more web-saavy, the web is THE place for Heritage to market itself...

Wish they'd hire me to administer it....lol

Chico

I predict major changes in the Heritage website.

I'd hope so.  The content isn't horrible (there are companies with far less info on their sites), but the look, layout and functionality are hideous.  They need to hire a geek on contract and fix it!

Archived