Heritage Owners Club

H-150 cm Graphtech Nut

Gixxernutter

I need to change the nut on my 150cm as the G string is clanging !.

Does anyone know the graphtech nut code for the 150 ?

This one looks good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Graphtech-PT6010-Gib...A1%7C240%3A1318

I need a slotted one as I haven't got any nut files.

What's the best glue to use to keep the nut in place ?

thanks in advance

Hi,

Check out this thread from a while back ...

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,3069.0.html

Hope this helps.

I need to change the nut on my 150cm as the G string is clanging !.

Sometime "clanging" is caused by the action being too low and the fretted string hitting a higher fret when it is plucked.  Other times, if you tend to pluck in towards the guitar as opposed to down to the ground, you will get clang.  An unwound g is the most slack on the guitar, I have read.

Does the clang occur on open plucked strings or fretted only?

What's the best glue to use to keep the nut in place ?

Hide glue would be good.  I've used Elmer's

Hi Fella's, thanks for such quick replies !

The clanging only occurs on the open g, fretted there's no clanging.

The present nut is very 'sticky' and causes tuning instabilities, I've tried working strings through the slot to open them up a bit but there still sticking.

The 150 already has graphtech saddles, and I've used graphtech nuts on a lot of my other guitars with great success.

A somewhat easier option– and one that may work perfectly fine for you– would be to build up the 3rd string nut slot slightly.

Crazy Glue and some sort of powder is the recommended ingredient. Powder options I've heard used include baking soda, bone dust, or powder made from the plastic material used for your present nut. (Often, you can get enough by sanding or filing the top or an edge of your present nut, to create a bit of that plastic dust.) Next, you mix a drop of CA glue with the powder, and use something like a toothpick tip to carefully drop a bit of the glue/powder misture into the low slot.

Let dry for a few hours (or more) and then you'll need to file a new slot.

Hope that helps!

Archived