Heritage Owners Club

I'm new here / photos of my strange Heritage

Wally

Hello everybody, thanks for your hospitality. Below are photos of my Heritage. It's not a beauty like most of your guitars. But it's been a good axe for me. I haven't been able to find model info for this guitar. Maybe it was thrown together from spare parts or something. The body feels like plastic and the finish is crude and sort of gummy or rubbery. I bought it in 1990 when I needed an electric and had little money. It was in  a music shop, already dinged up on the fingerboard and body but looked like it hadn't been played.

[/img]

heritage1.jpg

heritage1.jpg_thumb

heritage2.jpg

heritage2.jpg_thumb

heritage3.jpg

heritage3.jpg_thumb

heritage4.jpg

heritage4.jpg_thumb

I almost picked one up in a local shop the was identical to yours.  I can't remember the model though.  Very cool and rare.  Someone here will know the model for sure.  Welcome and great post with the pics!  Always good to see :occasion14:

Thanks friends. 101 is an appropriate model number for such a simple guitar!

There's one funny thing about the neck -- it's made from four separate pieces of maple, with a separate maple fingerboard but also a non-contrasting 'skunk stripe' insert on the underside. I don't know much about guitar construction, but why would this guitar have two different ways to lay the truss rod into the neck? I don't recall seeing this before on any other guitar, or maybe I just never noticed. The skunk stripe is quarter-sawn.

The gummy finish really cracks me up too -- and the color! Shook -- was the one you saw gray like this? Maybe it's just primer and they never finished it.

Brent's trading card shows that gray is standard for the H101. It's an amazing feeling to see that trading card! Until now I have never seen any H101 except mine, and never seen a photo of one. I guess that's what a club is all about -- thanks again. This is cool.

Archived