Heritage Owners Club

H150 DLX ?

hopkinwfg

Dear howdy !! Been searching the heritage H150 and i have bumped into previously sold pictures of damn rad H150 with good matching flame top, bounded headstock and matching flame headstock as well as a flamed pickguard.... did a search on these and i found these were the Heritage H150 DLX...

Have heard some of these were limited edition made during the early 90s with a belly cut and a neck profile slimmer than a 60s slim tapered... 

Am mesmerised by it and would like to know did these were made the best top line in the H150 series? 

How would you guys here who own one explain on the tone of this guitar? Does it has that throaty high mid sound of a gibson R8 or R7 brings?

I own one - a 2006 150 Deluxe (ACB) marked #235 by Floyd Newton as the 235th 150 Deluxe (Floyd Newton was in the Gibson paint shop in Kalamazoo, then did the painting for Heritage when they started in 1984 – he lived Dec 8, 1933 – April 7, 2012, and numbered the Deluxe editions)

What is the Deluxe number on the back of the headstock?

The 150 Deluxe included an Ultra top, multi-bound and scarfed body, bound wood pick-guard, and bound headstock.

I can't comment on a comparison to R8 or R7 - I have not played those, however my 150 Deluxe is indeed a Rock'n'Roll machine! Probably more comparable to a standard 150 from the golden Heritage era than anything else, but with upscaled appointments.

Not too helpful! However, I don't think you could go wrong with a 150 Deluxe.

S_C

Edited by SouthernCanuck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthernCanuck said:

I own one - a 2006 150 Deluxe (ACB) marked #235 by Floyd Newton as the 235th 150 Deluxe (Floyd Newton was in the Gibson paint shop in Kalamazoo, then did the painting for Heritage when they started in 1984 – he lived Dec 8, 1933 – April 7, 2012, and numbered the Deluxe editions)

What is the Deluxe number on the back of the headstock?

The 150 Deluxe included an Ultra top, multi-bound and scarfed body, bound wood pick-guard, and bound headstock.

I can't comment on a comparison to R8 or R7 - I have not played those, however my 150 Deluxe is indeed a Rock'n'Roll machine! Probably more comparable to a standard 150 from the golden Heritage era than anything else, but with upscaled appointments.

Not too helpful! However, I don't think you could go wrong with a 150 Deluxe.

S_C

Thanks for chiming in... any pics if u would like to share? 

It didnt show the serial number thou... 

So yours is a 2006 deluxe... does it comes with a belly cut at the body of the LP? 

How thick is your 2006 era neck profile? 

Whats a scarf body of yours? 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, hopkinwfg said:

Thanks for chiming in... any pics if u would like to share? 

It didnt show the serial number thou... 

So yours is a 2006 deluxe... does it comes with a belly cut at the body of the LP? 

How thick is your 2006 era neck profile? 

Whats a scarf body of yours? 

Yes, it has a belly cut (scarfed body, same thing) - the neck is a thinner profile which I understand is typical for that era.gbase2006Heritage150Deluxe6.thumb.jpg.b96366ccee4b36163f854e44e9fed57f.jpg

• Like 1

That's like comparing a early 90's Vette to a '23 Vette. The competition between builders has gotten ten fold and I would still take the 90's one! Built in a dirty basement of a historic building by master builders, I say HELL YEAH! Money spent in Michigan staying in Michigan supporting American families.
That flamed maple PG is tasty, laminated Headstock is classy, Multiply binding is choice, Belly cut is a plus, The Duncans they used were the pedigree at that time!

I do have more that a few deluxe's. 

• Like 4