Heritage Owners Club

A meaningless ? Why such wide binding

The binding on my H140 is about 1/16 of an inch.   My 535 is slightly thicker than the 140.

I think I remember Heritage buying 90 thousandths binding, but then after painting,  all binding is hand scraped, so it will be somewhat thinner than that.  You might lose 1/4 of that original .090.   Of course the hand scraping won't be absolutely consistent,  the thickness will vary depending on how much has to be removed to get a clean surface.  

I don't see anything unusual at all about that one.   

Yup!  You bought it brother!  I'm still going to hook up with you in Vegas!  It had the Rio Grande Bastard/Fat Bastard pickups which you questioned (not negativley)

Its the best I can remember😎

18 hours ago, ElChoad said:

I will PM you my address. You can send it to me for proper disposal...

Send it asap!

4 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

The binding on my H140 is about 1/16 of an inch.   My 535 is slightly thicker than the 140.

I think I remember Heritage buying 90 thousandths binding, but then after painting,  all binding is hand scraped, so it will be somewhat thinner than that.  You might lose 1/4 of that original .090.   Of course the hand scraping won't be absolutely consistent,  the thickness will vary depending on how much has to be removed to get a clean surface.  

I don't see anything unusual at all about that one.   

Thanks for responding.  I'm kinda stuoid and don't understand this tech stuff.  Just wondered why the binding is so friggin' thick.  Again, a meaningless question.They build quality guitars.  I don't.

22 hours ago, michaeljames said:

Yup!  You bought it brother!  I'm still going to hook up with you in Vegas!  It had the Rio Grande Bastard/Fat Bastard pickups

I gave her a fresh re-handwire job, Nickel conversion and a set of 59's ... I set her free a few years back. H-150 Ultra Model VSB Vinstage sunburst

MJ150.jpg