29er Posted March 6 Posted March 6 Stopped by Dave's web site and noticed a really big increase in their Heritage inventory. Lot's of brand new H-150's, 535's and custom core models. Pretty cool to see. They also seem to regularly have recent used models as well. Seems like they have as big of a Heritage inventory as any dealer I've seen.
Jimbob Posted May 6 Posted May 6 Late to the thread here, but I drove over to Dave's the other day and brought this one home. I ended up playing six CC H-535s and two Gibson CS Historic ES-335s, and this one was clearly the winner in terms of tone and playability. I honestly believe that the new 2025 bridge systems on both the H-535 and H-150 guitars are a huge improvement over the previous Pinnacle bridges: 6 2
DetroitBlues Posted May 6 Posted May 6 That is a stunner! 30 minutes ago, Jimbob said: Late to the thread here, but I drove over to Dave's the other day and brought this one home. I ended up playing six CC H-535s and two Gibson CS Historic ES-335s, and this one was clearly the winner in terms of tone and playability. I honestly believe that the new 2025 bridge systems on both the H-535 and H-150 guitars are a huge improvement over the previous Pinnacle bridges:
TalismanRich Posted May 6 Posted May 6 I like it. After the traditional red, the natural finish is next on my list. That's some excellent figuring on the top. 1
Spectrum13 Posted May 6 Posted May 6 3 hours ago, Jimbob said: Late to the thread here, but I drove over to Dave's the other day and brought this one home. I ended up playing six CC H-535s and two Gibson CS Historic ES-335s, and this one was clearly the winner in terms of tone and playability. I honestly believe that the new 2025 bridge systems on both the H-535 and H-150 guitars are a huge improvement over the previous Pinnacle bridges: Wow! If this was a clear winner over several CC 535s as well as Gibsons, I can only imagine it plays and sounds as good as it looks. And it looks fantastic!!! 2
Jimbob Posted May 7 Posted May 7 (edited) 7 hours ago, Spectrum13 said: Wow! If this was a clear winner over several CC 535s as well as Gibsons, I can only imagine it plays and sounds as good as it looks. And it looks fantastic!!! Thanks, guys! Funny thing is, the flame figuring on this guitar was my last choice among the antique natural models, only because it isn't quite as symmetrical as the others. Once I picked it up, though, I just knew it was the one I should take home. I'm usually not all that excited about Heritage's 225 Classic pickups, either, but they sound pretty good with this guitar. I was pleasantly surprised. Here are a few H-535s from Dave's that I tried out on Monday (all of the H-535s). That H-555 was pretty sweet, too: Edited May 7 by Jimbob
Jimbob Posted May 7 Posted May 7 Just a side note about Dave's prices that are posted on his website, but since all of the H-535s are marked down by $710.00, the actual purchase price becomes a little more affordable. There are similar discounts on all of the other Heritage guitars as well.
rockabilly69 Posted May 7 Posted May 7 That is one great looking guitar. Congrats on your new guitar day. And how cool is it that you brought home the best of the lot, the one that you felt a connection with! Rock on! 1
Jimbob Posted May 7 Posted May 7 17 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said: That is one great looking guitar. Congrats on your new guitar day. And how cool is it that you brought home the best of the lot, the one that you felt a connection with! Rock on! Thanks! In all fairness, though, there was no slouch in any of those Heritage guitars. I was visually drawn to the sunburst one....big-time! In the end, I think I would've been happy with any one of them, but the one I took home just had a special and familiar sound and feel to it. It was also the only 2025 model of the entire H-535 lot (the rest were 2024 models), so perhaps that's part of it? Not sure, but as I was putting the guitars back on the rack one by one, this one just stuck around with me......🙂 1
Spectrum13 Posted May 7 Posted May 7 11 hours ago, Jimbob said: Thanks, guys! Funny thing is, the flame figuring on this guitar was my last choice among the antique natural models, only because it isn't quite as symmetrical as the others. Once I picked it up, though, I just knew it was the one I should take home. I'm usually not all that excited about Heritage's 225 Classic pickups, either, but they sound pretty good with this guitar. I was pleasantly surprised. Here are a few H-535s from Dave's that I tried out on Monday (all of the H-535s). That H-555 was pretty sweet, too: Even better your choice was made with hands and ears! To paraphrase the words of the great Groucho Marx "who do you believe the guitar or your own eyes"! 1
rockabilly69 Posted May 7 Posted May 7 13 hours ago, Jimbob said: ....but the one I took home just had a special and familiar sound and feel to it. It was also the only 2025 model of the entire H-535 lot (the rest were 2024 models), so perhaps that's part of it? Not sure, but as I was putting the guitars back on the rack one by one, this one just stuck around with me......🙂 sounds like connection to me 1
JeffB Posted May 8 Posted May 8 On 5/6/2026 at 10:24 PM, Jimbob said: Late to the thread here, but I drove over to Dave's the other day and brought this one home. I ended up playing six CC H-535s and two Gibson CS Historic ES-335s, and this one was clearly the winner in terms of tone and playability. I honestly believe that the new 2025 bridge systems on both the H-535 and H-150 guitars are a huge improvement over the previous Pinnacle bridges: Really nice. Congrats. 1
29er Posted May 8 Author Posted May 8 Great looking line up there. It's great when you can sit down with many examples of a guitar you're interested in. I'm about 5 hours away from La Crosse but have not been there in many years. I have been to the Milwaukee shop but it's a much smaller place. Enjoy your new 535! 1
Lkdog Posted June 3 Posted June 3 (edited) What was the difference tone wise between the Pinnacle locking bridge and a traditional ABR-1? Both mounting posts go directly into body. Tailpiece is the same. Not exactly sure if the Pinnacle is all aluminum or zinc/aluminum. Saddles both brass I assume. Have read that traditional ABR-1 allows more clearance of strings on back of bridge. I have had three CC 150's. Have had several Gibson CS with ABR-1's. Like both setups. Edited June 3 by Lkdog
Jimbob Posted June 19 Posted June 19 On 6/3/2026 at 12:35 PM, Lkdog said: What was the difference tone wise between the Pinnacle locking bridge and a traditional ABR-1? Both mounting posts go directly into body. Tailpiece is the same. Not exactly sure if the Pinnacle is all aluminum or zinc/aluminum. Saddles both brass I assume. Have read that traditional ABR-1 allows more clearance of strings on back of bridge. I have had three CC 150's. Have had several Gibson CS with ABR-1's. Like both setups. Sorry for the late reply, for I've been away from the forum for a while. Since no one seems to have answered your question, I do feel that there is a subtle, but distinct difference in tone between the Pinnacle and the ABR-1. If I'm not mistaken, I think that the base on the Pinnacle is indeed aluminum, and I'm not sure about the saddles. The ABR-1 is definitely zinc with brass saddles. To my ears, the Pinnacle sounds a bit more "airy" and a bit scooped while the ABR-1 seems to have a little more of a direct punch in the mid-range. The attack on the ABR-1 just seems to be a little more immediate with a little bark thrown in, if that makes sense. I mostly prefer the ABR-1 primarily because it has more of a traditional vibe going on, both in tone as well as aesthetics. It's also a tad narrower than the Pinnacle, so it typically does provide a tiny bit more clearance between the strings and the bridge. It's pretty marginal, though. Heritage started using the ABR-1 style of bridges with their 2025 CC models, and I believe they're made by Advanced Plating. They're practically identical to what Gibson has been using for their CS Historic models for many years with the exception that the mounting holes are drilled larger to accommodate the 8-32 thread pitch on a Heritage bridge post vs Gibson's 6-32 thread pitch. If one so desires, the Heritage bridge is a direct drop-in replacement for the Pinnacle bridge, so there's no need to swap out any bridge posts or tailpiece parts to install one. Unlike the Pinnacle system, the ABR-1 is not locking, so that may be a deal breaker for some folks. However, Faber does offer a Tone-Lock bridge that can be directly installed on the existing Heritage posts while using the Pinnacle thumbwheels, but the thumbwheels will need to be turned upside-down in order to have a flat surface for the bridge. It's also necessary to use the Pinnacle tightening screws to lock the Faber bridge in place, but it does work. Interestingly, Heritage clearly dumped the Pinnacle bridge on their CC models in 2025 in favor of the more traditional ABR-1, but I've never heard the reason for doing so. If one is concerned about saddles falling out when breaking strings with the ABR-1, it can be an issue. I also know that the Heritage ABR-1 bridge, thumbwheels and bridge posts can be purchased through Mike at Heritage, so they are readily available to anyone looking for that kind of a setup. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now