Heritage Owners Club

1994 Roy Clark "Custom"

steveomatic

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I am looking forward to being actively involved. I own an AWESOME 1994 Roy Clark "Custom" with a natural finish.

I have two questions hopefully someone can help me with. The first is about the Tail Piece on my guitar. I have a Gibson 335 that has a "Gibson" Fine Tuning Tail Piece on it. I want to put one of these on my Roy Clark. This Tail Piece is great, it lets you dial in fine tuning on the fly. They are mostly on BB King, Lucile guitars.

Does anyone know if the spread between the inserts that hold the tail piece in place on a Roy Clark is the same as on a Les  Paul, 335 etc?

My next question is how would I know if I have the HRW pickups? Once again my Axe is from 1994. did they make those that far back. It is a Custom model.

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve. 8)

steveo': Regarding the pu'ps, HRW's are usually indicated by a dot, opposite in color from the plastic tip, on the top of the pickup selector toggleswitch tip. Or, if you pull them, they will be labelled "HRW" on the bottomside of the pickup.  There are plenty of guys here who'll be able to answer your tailpiece question.  Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the Club, Steveomatic!  No idea on the bridge, as I've never screwed with the hardware...I just play them (poorly) the way they show up.  Slate addressed the HRW issue, so that leaves me with:

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Archived