Heritage Owners Club

mini hums?

eor

I spoke with Graham from Wolfe just a couple of days ago.  He's the guy who designed the mini-humbuckers in the H-150s and had Jason Lollar make them.  He told me that he wanted them to be wound fat to the max.  Jason replied to him that he could not possibly make even one more wind in them or the pickup covers wouldn't even fit.  Here's a link to the youtube demonstration where Graham is introducing the mini-humbuckers on the 150.  Sounds real good!

so are they a custom lollar or are they the regular lollar minis?  i wonder, because i always wanted a bridge mini that was would a little hotter and rounder, closer to a full sized humbucker.  sounds like these aren't too far off.

so are they a custom lollar or are they the regular lollar minis?  i wonder, because i always wanted a bridge mini that was would a little hotter and rounder, closer to a full sized humbucker.  sounds like these aren't too far off.

Yeah, these are not the regular Lollar minis, but Graham's custom design which Lollar then put together.  Graham said he was looking for something hotter.  They sound great.  You should call Wolfe Guitars and talk to Graham or Jay.  They are fantastic.  They never give you the feeling that they'd rather be doing something else rather than talking to you.  They take their time with you and are concerned that they've answered all your questions; treat you like a V.I.P..  No exaggeration.  They love what they do and it shows.  They get it.  Here's their link: http://www.wolfeguitars.com

Archived