Heritage Owners Club

Order protocol

Sparky

As some of you know, I'm in the process of selling my custom H170CMSM. I intend to use the proceeds

of this sale to order what I hope is the last new guitar that I will ever buy, a custom H110. My thought process

is this... call Heritage and "prep" them that they will be quoting P&D on my guitar, and have THEM recommend

three dealers to quote it. Then contact the dealers, that way Heritage has already got the specs to quote, rather than possibly quoting it three times to three different dealers. Does this make sense?

I'm pretty sure they'd want you to provide your dealer with your specs, that's

what the dealer is there for.  Heritage does the building, dealers interface to

the public.  As for going to different dealers I think that you should go with the

dealer you feel most comfortable with.  This will help in getting the guitar ordered

properly to your specifications and ease the resolution of any issues that might

come up during the entire process.

Heritages are so expensive that any small difference in price you might get

from different dealers is pretty irrelevant.

Sparky,

As Paul P... you need to go to a dealer. There are many excellent dealers and they have different strong points. If bone nuts or scratch guards are important or other such special options, choose a dealer that shares your quest.

I'm pretty sure they'd want you to provide your dealer with your specs, that's

what the dealer is there for.  Heritage does the building, dealers interface to

the public.  As for going to different dealers I think that you should go with the

dealer you feel most comfortable with.  This will help in getting the guitar ordered

properly to your specifications and ease the resolution of any issues that might

come up during the entire process.

Heritages are so expensive that any small difference in price you might get

from different dealers is pretty irrelevant.

I didn't mean to suggest that I wouldn't provide dealers with the specs. Sorry, I should have been more clear of my intent. I just thought it would help the guys at Heritage to know that they should expect to hear from a few dealers on this specific guitar, and that way they could be (hopefully) better prepared. Wishful thinking I guess. Since I haven't done business with any of the dealers, the idea was to contact a few to develop that rapport of which you speak. The money... not so much. Besides, if you were a dealer, wouldn't you like the opportunity to quote a custom guitar? I agree though, bad idea to have Heritage suggest a dealer, although in speaking with Bill Paige years ago he did mention one in passing that many customers were happy with. I've already chosen a few dealers by (wisely) going to the links on this website. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. :)

The dealers talk to them regularly, and have a good idea of what they can and will do, and what they won't. Price is variable, but going through the dealer first makes good sense.

I've had very good luck with Jay Wolfe over the last 10 years, I bought one used Heritage from him, sold one of mine on consignment, helped a friend's wife buy him an H-535 for Christmas, and custom ordered an H-137.

He's knowledgeable, honest and communicates with Heritage probably daily.

My $.02 worth.

Archived