Heritage Owners Club

H-575 and Feedback?

thehikingdude

I have a new Heritiage H-575 Custom on the way, still several weeks out, that will be coming with 4-point HRW pickups. I'm curious how many of you are playing the blues through a Peavey Classic 30 or something similar to it and what type of feedback issues you might be experiencing. My playing will include jamming over backtracks (less concern), jamming with a keyboard player who plays at max volume (he swears there's no distortion from his amp) and finally jamming on stage at the local blues jams. Should I look into getting some f-hole covers just to have on hand? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

I've had two H575s. One of them squealed like a banshee, while the other one was mostly quiet. The one that squealed had Schaller pups; the other one had SD '59s.

But you probably won't use yours through a Marshall half stack, either!

I've had two H575s. One of them squealed like a banshee, while the other one was mostly quiet. The one that squealed had Schaller pups; the other one had SD '59s.

But you probably won't use yours through a Marshall half stack, either!

I suppose it does make sense to hold off until I've had a chance to play it in some different environments and at different volumes before I put much concern into it. It's enlightening to hear of your differing experiences.

You are correct! The Marshall will be left at home!!!

Not a Peavey Classic 30 exactly, but my '07 H-575 with the HRW pickups feeds back very controllably and pleasingly with distortion from a Tech 21 TM 60 (1 X 12") combo.

It's actually quite useful that way for infinite sustain.

Whatever the resonant frquency of the box is on mine, it's musical and fun, not the usual whoofy surprise I often find a pain with hollowbodies. I had one other guitar with that same usable feedback and it was a Gretsch Nashville. All the rest were in ranges I wanted to avoid.

A previous H-575 I had with Schallers had good feedback resistence, but was unremarkable when it finally did.

My first Eagle was VERY sensitive and gross sounding when it fed back, and did not require distortion to find it: merely taking my arm off the front with the amp behind me!

Not a Peavey Classic 30 exactly, but my '07 H-575 with the HRW pickups feeds back very controllably and pleasingly with distortion from a Tech 21 TM 60 (1 X 12") combo.

It's actually quite useful that way for infinite sustain.

Whatever the resonant frquency of the box is on mine, it's musical and fun, not the usual whoofy surprise I often find a pain with hollowbodies. I had one other guitar with that same usable feedback and it was a Gretsch Nashville. All the rest were in ranges I wanted to avoid.

A previous H-575 I had with Schallers had good feedback resistence, but was unremarkable when it finally did.

My first Eagle was VERY sensitive and gross sounding when it fed back, and did not require distortion to find it: merely taking my arm off the front with the amp behind me!

Thanks for the "feedback". Now I look forward to hearing how it sounds out. I know I love the effect I get from it on my Gibbon ES-137.

Waiting is the hardest part!!!

...my Gibbon ES-137...

Gibbon. Is that one of those "monkey geetars?"

Jes' messin' witcha!

The H-575 will feedback before a guitar like an ES-137 I'm sure. It took some VOLUME to feedback an ES-135 I had.

I defintely prefer my H-575 in any catagory.

Worth the wait IMHO.

Hey, didn't we move to this board because the old one was infested with monkeys? Hope they don't start popping up here, too! ;)

They seem to mostly come out at the weekend.

Today is Friday.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

monkey-1.jpg

I had a 575 for awhile, and played it on stage with some fairly loud blues bands in jam situations--meaning not a lot of volume control. (Dynamics? I'm playing as loud as I can!) I found that it tended to want to feed back on certain notes, or on chords where those notes were sounded. I seem to remember that Bb on the 8th fret of the fourth string was particularly susceptible. Anyway, I found that you could feel it coming, kind of exciting actually, but could back off in different ways to stop it, or just let it get to the edge of feedback. (Hey just felt a little earthquake as I was typing, speaking of feeling something exciting coming.)

hear_no_evil.jpg

Hey monkeys (and Gibbons) are our cousins.

Speaking of which... Cousins, for better or worse!--

cousinssmall.jpg

Archived