Heritage Owners Club

H-170CM Neck Issues

Tony

I have a H-170CM that I purchase new back in 1988 and lately I have been having trouble with the neck, it won't hold a truss rod adjustment. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar dilema and if anyone had any suggestions as to whom I might be able to send this to for service. The two guys I have used before for neck repair issues are Jim Fulton and Don Teeter.

On a side note, I would love to hear more about the specific history of my guitar since it was constructed in the early days of Heritage. If anyone knows how I could get a copy of a build sheet or something like that I would be grateful.

Welcome to the Club, Tony! I bought an H170 on a lark and it quickly became my favorite Heritage. Weird, huh? Don't know about luthiers in Houston, but you could always send it back to the factory and let Ren have his way with it. Might not be the most cost effective, but it probably would get whatever problems it has resolved.

Welcome to the Club, Tony! I bought an H170 on a lark and it quickly became my favorite Heritage. Weird, huh? Don't know about luthiers in Houston, but you could always send it back to the factory and let Ren have his way with it. Might not be the most cost effective, but it probably would get whatever problems it has resolved.

Ok, so what would be the best way to contact the shop? I would like to find out more about having Ren work his magic on my guitar. Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, so what would be the best way to contact the shop? I would like to find out more about having Ren work his magic on my guitar. Thanks for the quick response.

Your best bet would be to call the factory (269-385-5721) and talk to them. Chances are high that either Ren or one of the owners will answer the phone. Explain the nature of the problem with your H170 and that you'd really like to have them look at it. You might mention you're a HOC member in good standing, having ridden the goat and learned the secret pick technique and all, but that might not get you anything special. ;)

Your best bet would be to call the factory (269-385-5721) and talk to them. Chances are high that either Ren or one of the owners will answer the phone. Explain the nature of the problem with your H170 and that you'd really like to have them look at it. You might mention you're a HOC member in good standing, having ridden the goat and learned the secret pick technique and all, but that might not get you anything special. ;)

Thanks very much for the hookup. I called and they said "send it in". We'll see how it goes from here. I really hope they can take some years off its age and bring it back to its vibrant and shimmering peak. Thanks again.

Thanks very much for the hookup. I called and they said "send it in". We'll see how it goes from here. I really hope they can take some years off its age and bring it back to its vibrant and shimmering peak. Thanks again.

Welcome Tony!

that is a good move Tony! I took my Gary Moore 150 in this week to have a neck issue resolved....when i got it back it was better than ever!

Archived