Heritage Owners Club

Pre-Wired Premium Modern Electronics Upgrade Kit- Short Shaft

nat120

I just bought the Pre-Wired Premium Modern Electronics Upgrade Kit- Short Shaft and installed it in my H-157 and I must say that this made a huge difference in sound quality. I had a push pull configuration that Millenium M put it in before I bought it. The guitar was very bassy and not the best articulation. I was thinking maybe it was just because it was solid would in body. I bought the RS Guitarworks pre-wired kit and WOW! It sounds amazing. I mean it was a huge diffence in articulation and tightness. The guys at practice were like you guitar sounds great. I also bought the tuners that they put on the custom shop Gibson, replace the bridge and tail piece with a locking tone pros, and put a Semour Duncan JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck. My H-157 plays and sounds better then any guitar I have every played or owned. I think it is time to buy another!

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/produ...products_id=153

Cool.

I have RS super pot for volumes & their tone pots.

When I first got my H150 I did not find the stock pots useable. As per a conversation with Jay Wolfe I switched to 50s wiring and that was it!

Then I fried the pots when switching pickups so needed new ones and got the RS ones, which I like.

You fried the pots while swapping pickups??? :D I think if I did that I'd never go near a soldering iron again. :D

A friend did; I was just taking the hit for him. I've never soldered anything... yet.

Archived