Heritage Owners Club

Help H150?

Bluesdawg

Poplar wood Good or Bad???????? Check out my new addition see photos (my albums) White H150 switches up the ying yang. The back of the cavity plate says H150 V V white. What the heck did I Buy???????

Poplar wood Good or Bad???????? Check out my new addition see photos (my albums) White H150 switches up the ying yang. The back of the cavity plate says H150 V V white. What the heck did I Buy???????

Looks like a D-VIP setup.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/Custom%20Features/D-VIP.htm

Does the cavity plate specify which pickups ? They could be Duncan SH-3 Stag-mags

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/elec...e/sh3_stag_mag/

A guess would be that the VV is actually W, the symbol for White. Poplar is a common hardwood used for guitars including some Strats. Should sound a bit brighter than Mahogany and not be quite as resonant. Still good, but no the deep edge thing

A guess would be that the VV is actually W, the symbol for White. Poplar is a common hardwood used for guitars including some Strats. Should sound a bit brighter than Mahogany and not be quite as resonant. Still good, but no the deep edge thing

Mark, that's what I thought also but the sticker reads H150 V V white. I paid $625 shipped, what do you think? It's pretty clean

Looks like a D-VIP setup.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/Custom%20Features/D-VIP.htm

Does the cavity plate specify which pickups ? They could be Duncan SH-3 Stag-mags

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/elec...e/sh3_stag_mag/

Hi bro, man this thing has enough switches to make you brain dead. The neck plays really smooth.

Mark, that's what I thought also but the sticker reads H150 V V white. I paid $625 shipped, what do you think? It's pretty clean

Haven't seen the sticker.

2nd revision of the VIP circuit?

The guitar looks pretty nice to me. I think you did fine with the deal.

Haven't seen the sticker. The guitar looks pretty nice to me. I think you did fine with the deal.

Yeah, it plays really nice, my other H150CM has a different feel to it. I guess all the swirches will work out like the rest I've owned, two or three sounds you like and the rest (well you know) I was hoping the thing would sound like my wifes H127

Haven't seen the sticker.

2nd revision of the VIP circuit?

The guitar looks pretty nice to me. I think you did fine with the deal.

Hey Mark. I think your right. I think the 2 V's equal white on white since the guitar is completly white to include the neck.

The sticker says H150 W White, maybe not two V's like I thought. Thanks for the input Al B

I know the feeling ..... my VIP2

gallery_328_8_41280.jpg

D A M Bro you have one extra mini toggle, I only have two and can't figure it out. The Heritage D-VIP instructions helped, what do we do live, I can barely remember how to get home LOL Trying to remember which position the switches go in could be to much We'll see Thanks for your input Al B

D A M Bro you have one extra mini toggle, I only have two and can't figure it out. The Heritage D-VIP instructions helped, what do we do live, I can barely remember how to get home LOL Trying to remember which position the switches go in could be to much We'll see Thanks for your input Al B

The centre mini switch is a kill switch. The two outside ones are for the VIP, and are 3 way switches - bucker / single coil / vari phase.

I haven't experimented with the vari phase too much, I have used the single coil option a bit, but mostly use the full humbucker setting.

On mine the 4 rotary controls are not what you might expect, when playing the two nearest to me, I'm left handed remember, are the master volume and master tone. The remaining two rotary controls are for the out of phase, one for each pickup.

That might be similar to yours, mine was redone ( new HRWs and wiring to D-VIP) in the factory a few months ago.

Poplar get a bad rap by guitar "experts" in the magazines. I had a 150P that was a great sounding guitar--light and extremely resonant.

Thanks for the response, I've never had a poplar bodied guitar before. Check out the pictures in my albums under bluesdawg. The guitar is all white, it plays great

talk to you later Al B

Thanks for the response, I've never had a poplar bodied guitar before. Check out the pictures in my albums under bluesdawg. The guitar is all white, it plays great

talk to you later Al B

I would think a poplar 150 would be a little lighter and that's not a bad thing. I've shrunk an inch (in height) since I first strapped on my Heritage.

I would think a poplar 150 would be a little lighter and that's not a bad thing. I've shrunk an inch (in height) since I first strapped on my Heritage.

LOL I hear you on the shrinkage thing. The guitar is lighter for sure and at this point sounds pretty good also Onerall I'm pretty happy with my used H150 white, I also have the H150CM, both are very good playing guitars.

Archived