Heritage Owners Club

Stewmac Nashville Replacement for Schaller roller bridge

I emailed stew mac about this and got the following reply.  It appeared in a different thread, but I thought it might be of more general interest.

> COMMENT:

> I have a heritage H550 with the schaller roller bridge. Do any of the tune-o-matic bridges that you sell, or that you know of that are available on the market, allow the option of leaving the inserts in place and simply screwing in new posts and mounting a new bridge. the dimensions of the inserts on the stew mac nashville and the schallers seem identical, but its not clear if the threads are the same and if the spacing allows interchangeability. What about Schallers own nashville?

> Thanks.

Thank you for contacting us. You could install the Nashville posts and bridge (www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/4502) into the existing Schaller bushings.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Mike McGovern

Stewart MacDonald

1-800-848-2273

www.stewmac.

• 5 months later...

Yep.  I did it to my 535s that had the roller bridge.  I think Jay and the boys at Heritage finally got hep that most people don't like the roller bridge and you see more with the Nashville style bridge now.

...... boys at Heritage finally got hep that most people don't like the roller bridge and you see more with the Nashville style bridge now.

I like the rollerbridge. :) I just ordered some "sparewheels".  ;D. And I think I have figured out a way to secure the rollers in a discrete way.

I'll post some pictures if I succeed.  :rolleyes:

I don't believe that the rollerbridge destroys the sound. I got an old Guitaist mag. "the guitar buyers bible issue 227" with a comparison of Les Paul types.

The H-150 with HRW and Shallerbridge outperformed  the others (PRS, McInturff and G*****). And they preferred the HRW version and put the

Duncan powered 150 in the garage.  8). May be Shaller deserves a little better reputation. :)

Archived