Heritage Owners Club

A really nice story...

Xstian67

As a new member of the HOC forum, I recently posted some pics of one of my Heritage guitars, a H-575 that some of you found really nice.

Thundersteel wrote :

“...I also noticed that the switch tip on the 575 is missing...hmmm...interesting modification.”

Of course, I knew the black cap was missing, so I sent an e-mail to Heritage, via the website... and I wrote... “As I live in France, I would pay it (and the shipping costs) for example with Paypal.” and some days later, I received an answer, just those few words :

“Toggle switch cap (Blk) - Address, please? - ren”

So I sent it to Rendall Smith, presuming “ren” was for Rendall...

And today, there was this enveloppe in my mailbox... (see pic.) With absolutely nothing in it, no business card, not a single word, except... a black cap !

This confirms what I think about Heritage : those guys just don’t know what advertising and marketing are all about, they surely don’t have time for that, but they really do know what a customer is.

I’m goiing to send a present to Rendall Smith, just to make him sure how much I appreciate it...

Best regards.

Christian...

Heritage575-2.pdf

HeritEnvel2.pdf

Very nice story! Now, if only he would send me my pickup rings I inquired about in December!

BTW, does anyone know how to "copy & save" pics from a .pdf document? That picture of Xstian67's H575 is AWESOME!

I am glad that your story had a happy ending, Christian.  But, I believe Ren's name is Rendall Wall, not Rendall Smith.  Unless there are two Ren's at Heritage.   ???

that is correct, his last name is Wall

Very nice guitar, by the way!!!  I tried to post the pics, but they need to be jpeg format.

BTW, does anyone know how to "copy & save" pics from a .pdf document? That picture of Xstian67's H575 is AWESOME!

Open the page displaying the picture you want and do a screen capture-ALT+Print Screen

Open up a picture viewing utility that has a cropping option.

Open new file and paste the screen captured photo into it. May have to work with the view settings.

Crop the picture from the file you are viewing and select "open new file" again.

Now paste the cropped pic inot the new file and save it as a jpeg.

Hi,

Here is the pic of my H-575 in JPEG format...

Of course, I agree, this is a wonderful guitar...

I bought it from E-bay USA, it was the guitar of a really top-notch guitar player in Illinois,

and we've come to be close friends - this is the proof that with e-bay, you may be screwed up

by crooks, but in the same time, you may find some wonderful guys...

This guitar will get new top-of-the-line pots and Bill Lawrence L-500 pickups (cream coulour)

(sorry, but those Seem more Drunken pickups just don't do it...), and then it

will be one of the hottest jazz box you've ever heard...

I will send send you a pic when it'll be done...

(Sorry for the confusion Rendall Smith / Rendall Wall...

Does anyone remember the first name of Dr Alzheimer ?)

Best regards,

Christian.

Heritage575-2.jpg

Heritage575-2.jpg_thumb

Thank you Xstian67 for the photo! Upon closer inspection, I really like the streaks in the fretboard.

And thank you, Kazwell, for the .pdf info!

I hereby award one Karma point to each of you!

Brentrocks wrote...

that is beautiful.....what is the neck profile like...fat/wide, thin/wide?

Here are the figures :

WIDTH

1st fret : 42,2 millimeters

12th fret : 52,7 millimeters

THICKNESS

1st fret : 19 millimeters

9th fret : 22,9 millimeters

I don't know if it's a fat, thin, or wide profile...

but it's a perfect profile for my hands...

Best regards,

Christian.

Cool story, Christian. In the future, if you need help getting gear from the US, let me or someone else here know.

+1

I have assisted many friends in Austrlia, France, Germany acquire guitars....we would be glad to help!

Archived