Heritage Owners Club

Looking for a particular 535...

zookroo1

I've been saving my pennies for a while and have pretty much gotten it down to what I'm looking for in an H535. I suppose I don't really need another guitar, but you know how that goes and if I ever do find the right one I definitely want it to be one I'm very happy with. Anyhow, I've figured out that I prefer the darker brown tone bursts for the finish. I like the pickguard to match the color of the guitar's finish. I really like the bigger inlays like blocks or traps on the bigger bodied guitars. I have 1 acoustic and 1 custom strat style guitar which both have dot inlays. Since this will be my last guitar until my long lost rich relatives find me, something besides dot inlays would be nice variety. Different inlays are the toughest to find on a 535 I think. I'd also like Seth Lovers for the pickups. I don't have the coin to order a new custom, so I've been keeping an eye out in the used market for a while. How often do you think something close comes along? The 23rd anniversary model that our new friend dunked1 picked up recently was pretty sweet, though still slightly more than I'd like to spend. I saw a gold top a while back that was a great price and had everything right except the finish. (I like the gold top on a 150 though). I haven't ruled out an H555 either, though I'd rather have a rosewood fingerboard and silver hardware. Thundersteel's 555 that he has for sale is awesome though! I'm flexible on all of the specs if I was to find a great deal, but that's my starting point. Anybody seen this guitar hiding out someplace? I've attached a pic that shows a guitar pretty much right up my alley. I swear one day I'll be a true member of the Heritage Owners Club!

Brian

h535.jpg

Brian,

That would be one awesome 535. Especially if it looked like that picture. Agreed on the traps. I think all the H's should have traps standard. Dots would be extra! :( You don't say what your budget or anticipated $$s is, but new, that would run about $2200 or so. But what a guitar that'd be! Good luck with the search. Hope something turns up, soon.

Zoo:

You understand, of course, we're all enablers here. That having been said, make some personal sacrifices, be a little more patient, and do a custom order. The pic you posted, your "concept guitar," is exquisite. You really seem to know what you want, and it is a little out of the ordinary. Every time you look at a "compromise" guitar, you'll see what it doesn't have. Every time you look at the custom order, you'll be hugely satisfied. I'm speaking from personal experience here. Best of luck with your quest!

Believe it or not, I saw two of those at the Heritage factory during PSP II. You might want to call them and ask what dealer they're being shipped to.

You & I must have similar tastes, because that's exactly what I'd want my H535 to look like as well!

Buffalo bros has that exact guitar, the only catch is you must also buy the matching 150.

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/images29...0osb/index.html

I played that one last weekend. It has some really nice flam that doesn't show up in the photos - very 3 dimensional. Nice neck shape, failry light as I remember, overall a very nice 535.

I knew you guys would be supportive of the dream! It seems like I could find a really nice one with pretty much everything that guitar has except the inlays in the $1200-$1400 range used. The total package makes it more expensive and hard to find for sure. I guess I'm not in a rush since I don't play well enough to do it justice anyway!

I knew you guys would be supportive of the dream! It seems like I could find a really nice one with pretty much everything that guitar has except the inlays in the $1200-$1400 range used. The total package makes it more expensive and hard to find for sure. I guess I'm not in a rush since I don't play well enough to do it justice anyway!

Here's a pic of my 555 which I bought used. You will see it has nickel hardware, I got rid of the gold plated stuff and changed the pick ups from Schaller to seymour 59's. I didn't want to go to the expense of swapping a perfectly good set of machine heads so I just got some metal polish and rubbed the gold plate off until it went back to nickel. If you can live with the ebony fretboard, which is superb, you will then have almost everything you want in your guitar without the expense of a custom order. I did not like any of the schaller hardware, so I had brand new stop bar, bridge, pick up covers etc fitted and now I have my dream 555 for a lot less money than a new custom shop order. But go with nickel for authenticity, not chrome. Hope you find what you're looking for.

By the way, what does it matter if you do not yet own a heritage to be here? You appreciate the guitar and that's all that matters.

post-1193-1251272788_thumb.jpg

But go with nickel for authenticity, not chrome. Hope you find what you're looking for.

By the way, what does it matter if you do not yet own a heritage to be here? You appreciate the guitar and that's all that matters.

+1 on both of those comments! :D

Archived