Heritage Owners Club

Fret Wire Size on an H150

pcovers

Anyone know the standard fret wire size used on recent H150 models?

Funny enough, I called the factory today to ask that question. They said 6105, but they can put any size you want on a custom order according to they guy on the phone. I think his name was Vince.

JazzmanC

I guess 6105 would be 10.5? I thought they were 11's on my new gits, but I could be easily mistaken. My fingers hurt like heck, but maybe it was becuase I didn't get to play any during the month of September.

Do you mean fretwire size or string gauge?

JazzmanC

Funny enough, I called the factory today to ask that question. They said 6105, but they can put any size you want on a custom order according to they guy on the phone. I think his name was Vince.

JazzmanC

I'm trying to figure out the correlation between fret wire size and string gauge. Can you clarify?

I'm trying to figure out the correlation between fret wire size and string gauge. Can you clarify?

The fret wire size relates to size and height of the frets that you press the string against when you play. The string guage relates to the diameter of the strings you put on your guitar. I believe Heritage guitars come with .010 gauge strings (10s).

JazzmanC

No correlation.

Here are five fret sizes drawn in correct proportion for comparison. From small to tall, we offer a fret for the most popular styles and preferences. These are the finest frets available made from hard nickel / silver to give you long life with steel strings. For general reference we use Dunlop's fret wire, however,actual fret dimensions vary somewhat from batch to batch. All sizes are listed by width and height. Sizes below are listed by Width(B)xHeight(A)

6230 This is the smallest wire found in older Fender necks. Size: .078" x .043"

6150 Vintage jumbo. Much wider but not as tall as the 6230. Size: .102" x .042"

6105 Contemporary narrow and tall, a very popular choice. Size: .090" x .055"

6100 This is Jumbo, the biggest guitar wire available. Size: .110" x .055

6130 Often refered to as Medium Jumbo. Size: 106" x .036"

The Side Track! How did you find that? Simultaneously across the street from Aubree's and the still functioning Hudson dealer, just round the corner from Preston Tucker's old home.

Heritage put 11's on the new guitar I received; not that that information correlates to anything about the fret wire size.

I concur with Kuz, they use the perfect size. :o

How does Heritage's fret wire compare to Gibson's selections? One of the first things that I noticed about my 535's neck was how comfortable, fast, and modern it felt. Previous to the 535 my primary guitar was a Starfield (California) Altair Custom and the 535 felt more closely related to the Starfield's Ibanez-ish neck than my Epiphone Gibson knock-offs.

Archived