Heritage Owners Club

neck angle again

Spectrum13

spectrum maybe this will help. It's the same as on the stat DLX. on the side with the deep cutaway you can see the angle of the neck, no binding helps. most guitars with a raised bridge will require a angled neck pocket in order to have a decent action. in the first pic you cannot see the angle in the second you can look at where the maple cap meets the mahogany body, that line is level. Then look at where the cap meets the neck and you will see the pocket angle about 4% I think. I had to angle the pocket on my last build (what a pain in the ass).

post-463-1255461506_thumb.jpg

post-463-1255461564_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry I'm not as clear as i want to be, because the neck and the strings must be parallel for action adjustment, any guitar with a raised bridge must have a angled neck pocket, the idea is to have the angle from the bridge to the nut the same as the fret board, thus low action w/o buzz..

100_0329

I'm sorry I'm not as clear as i want to be, because the neck and the strings must be parallel for action adjustment, any guitar with a raised bridge must have a angled neck pocket, the idea is to have the angle from the bridge to the nut the same as the fret board, thus low action w/o buzz..

Bob, what I noticed today was there is not a 4 degree neck set angle like my 150 but the top itself is angled. The neck and fingure board are straight but where you see a bright line the 137 starts to pitch down so the bridge and bridge pickup are lower than the neck pickup. Must be easier to build.

post-408-1255471320_thumb.jpg

100_0329

Bob, what I noticed today was there is not a 4 degree neck set angle like my 150 but the top itself is angled. The neck and fingure board are straight but where you see a bright line the 137 starts to pitch down so the bridge and bridge pickup are lower than the neck pickup. Must be easier to build.

one cannot be straight if the other is angled, they must be parallel.

post-408-1256163987_thumb.jpg

one cannot be straight if the other is angled, they must be parallel.

Nice day in Atlanta.....

The top does slop down after the waist. Thought this would be a good way to show it. As an added benefit, your arm is more comfortable as it's a contour. 137's are just a simple slab perfectly done!

Archived