Heritage Owners Club

Off she goes..

smurph1

Well my 67 Bassman head is off to see Slider 313..I reluctently handed her to the Fed Ex lady yesterday, along with the box holding the tubes..Rest assured I bubble wrapped the SNOT out of it.. I feel very confident that Mike can cure her of her ill's..I can't wait to be able to use it again..Nothing like that old tube tone..:drink2_mini:

Scott I'll take good care of your amp and get it not only working right but sounding its best.

I'll give you a call as soon as it gets here.

Thanks Brother..

Slider,

what do you do with Amps? Let us know. I had no idea we had an amptech on here. Man, everyone needs one of those they can trust.

I restore vintage tube amps. I'm not one that likes to do excessive mods to an amp to "try to get it to sound like a Marshall". I'm of the belief that a well tuned up and correctly working Fender, Ampeg, Valco, etc. is what it is and component value changes will get it to sound "different". Due to different types of transformers and voltages, etc, an Ampeg Reverberocket will never be a Fender Deluxe Reverb and vice versa. I'm not a fan of working on solid state amps or tube amps with the tubes mounted to PC boards.

Archived