Heritage Owners Club

Flagship Heritage Guitars

Ray

Hello,

I have just joined HOC. Being new to heritage guitars, I was wondering whether someone could tell me what the top-of-the-range models are for each of the following categories in the Heritage guitar range:

1. Solid bodies

2. Semi-hollow bodies

3. Hollow bodies

An idea of what the best (not necessarily top-of-the-range) guitars are in each group would be gratefully appreciated - I know that this is all subjective. Also, could you please provide me with an idea of what to expect to pay for used or new instruments?

I must say that I have enjoyed reading all the various comments on this site - Thanks.

Thank you for your time.

Solid Bodies- Flagship 150 & 157

Semi- Hollow - Flagship 535

Hollow bodies- Flagships are the Archtops (Golden Eagles, Sweet 16s, 575s, 550s, Kenny Burrell, ect)

Heritage doesn't make an lemon or less models.

Heritage Guitars are not like Gibson, with the Gibson models at a higher quality (which is debatable) and then the lower end Epiphone stuff.

ALL HERITAGE GUITARS/MODELS ARE COMPARABLE OR SURPASS THE QUALITY OF GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP GUITARS!

Heritage really doesn't have "flagship" models like the Gibson LP Standard and SG Standard. All Heritage guitars are made with the same attention to detail and quality.

The H-150 is roughly equivalent to the Les Paul Standard. The H-157 is roughly equiv to a Les Paul Custom. But there is also the H-170, which is a double cut style, which also might be considered flagship.

The H-535 is equivalent to a ES-335, and the H-555 is like the ES-345/355, but BETTER.

Then you get to models like the Millenium and others that don't really have a Gibson Equivalent. In fact, in recent years it's looking a lot more like Gibson is a follower, and not a leader. Heritage had a scaled down thinline semi-hollow, the prospect, years before Gibson brought out the 339.

But, also remember that Heritage is also a custom shop, and unlike Gibson they won't charge you 3 times as much just for the privilege of choosing your own color.

solid body. H 150 custom

guitar_heritage_1992_H-150_custom_les_paul_w.jpg

semi millennium eagle

full.JPG

hollow

centurion

med_gallery_1051_3_252944.jpg

Hard to argue with the above, but the flagship "production" models that mere mortals would aspire to find hanging on a wall to try out might be more like:

solid: 157

semi: 555

acoustic: Super Eagle

Unless of courese you go to Jay's place. Or, now that I think about it, Kuz's. Or...geez, just about half the folks on this forum. :D

Archived