Heritage Owners Club

INCOMING!!!

Dick Seacup

Nice score, Dick. Looks like a fun toy. So you went for a Hamer as well?

Thanks, it is a lot of fun.  Yes, I sold a '96 Hamer Studio several years ago and almost instantly regretted it.  I've been watching eBay, TGP, H-C, both Hamer boards and craigslist for it to pop back up (for two years!).  Last weekend, the person who bought it from me listed it on eBay, so we worked out a deal so that I could get it back.  I am very excited, and it should be here on Tuesday.  Here's an old picture of it (not the best, sorry!):

DSCN1394.JPG

I just hope you aren't putting heavy flatwounds on everything. Congrats.

But, everybody knows that if you want real tone you need 11s or 12s! :P

Here's my meager arsenal, Dick. Putting a Kahler on my 82 special undoubtedly destroyed it's resale value, but it improved the accuracy, tone, and even the sustain of it noticeably. I'd bet your 160 is a mahogany tone machine. Gets that chunky pick attack. Wish I still had my Rockman.

Well, if the Kahler improved the guitar, then I'd say it improved the value, too...for you.  I was telling Al last week that I've grown to hate mint condition guitars that I feel like I need to keep pristine.  It gets to the point where the guitars start to own you instead of the other way around, you know?  I say if putting the trem on the Special makes you happier when you play it, then forget the resale value and just play.  But, there are a lot of people, most of whom speculate with their guitar purchases, who would disagree. 

Either way, great looking bunch.  Great looking Standard, by the way...the top appears to be nicely figured without being over to top.  That's another thing I'm growing tired of...outrageous figuring. 

Here's my meager arsenal, Dick. Putting a Kahler on my 82 special undoubtedly destroyed it's resale value, but it improved the accuracy, tone, and even the sustain of it noticeably. I'd bet your 160 is a mahogany tone machine. Gets that chunky pick attack. Wish I still had my Rockman.

great pic...it that a 575 in the background?  looks like a short scale?  i almost bought a 78 Hamer sunburst one time, could have had it for $1400...prob should have??????

I was telling Al last week that I've grown to hate mint condition guitars that I feel like I need to keep pristine. 

you are so right Dick

i had a EBMM EVH pink quilt, one of 200...it was a $4000 guitar, NOS, MINT!  i was afraid to play it!!!

i sold it and missed out on playing a great guitar.

I like nice guitars, but, I get tired of outrageous prices, Dick. I'd rather play something used at a fraction of the price. I don't tear guitars up anyway - I like 'em too much.Yeah, Bentrocks, that's a Byrdland neck. It's an ES 125, thin.

I like nice guitars, but, I get tired of outrageous prices, Dick. I'd rather play something used at a fraction of the price. I don't tear guitars up anyway - I like 'em too much.Yeah, Bentrocks, that's a Byrdland neck. It's an ES 125, thin.

OH MY!!  i bet that baby plays like a dream...those byrdland necks are ssssoooo sswweett!!!

what yr is it?

Richard....where are those new pics you promised....tap...tap...tap... ;D

I haven't had time to get any pics.  I've been very, very busy with, uh, with, umm, well, you see, I, uh, spend too much time here.  No, no!  I'm waiting for "good light!"  Yeah, that's it!!

I haven't had time to get any pics.  I've been very, very busy with, uh, with, umm, well, you see, I, uh, spend too much time here.  No, no!  I'm waiting for "good light!"  Yeah, that's it!!

i'm just bustin your **** ;D  they will be even better after the 5 day wait...LOL

Pictures!  Not the best; just some quickies in the fading afternoon light.  I need to setup the "studio" and, more importantly, clean/restring/setup the guitar.  But, I know at least one person was looking for these. ;)

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1392-2/img_5144a.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1395-2/img_5149f.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1398-2/img_5151h.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1401-2/img_5153j.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1404-2/img_5156m.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1407-2/img_5157n.jpg[/img]

aaahh, this is a different cup of sea! Your tremolo is not going through the body like with the strats and like with my 162!

I've also noticed that STAT Heritages have this variation too: some go through the body and some don't.

They must have been doing quite a bit of tremolo experimenting back in the eighties.

Who is John R. Hillman? The guy you ripped the photo software from? 8)

aaahh, this is a different cup of sea! Your tremolo is not going through the body like with the strats and like with my 162!

I've also noticed that STAT Heritages have this variation too: some go through the body and some don't.

They must have been doing quite a bit of tremolo experimenting back in the eighties.

The Kahler 2300 series Pro is, as you noticed, a flat mount bridge.  The trem action is achieved by a cam that the strings run across.  The arm rotates the cam forward (or backward, slightly).  I know that Kahler also made/makes a two-point fulcrum style trem that would require a route, like a Floyd Rose.  Or, maybe the ones you've seen actually had Floyds on them? 

Who is John R. Hillman? The guy you ripped the photo software from? 8)

He's my evil alter ego. ;D

Archived