Heritage Owners Club

Another new blues amp in the house!

pegleg32

I'm still looking for that "perfect" amp and just added a Laney L5T 112 Lionheart to my collection. This one is really a bluesman's amp - the sound is very close to the holy grail for me. It's a 5 watt, single end, class A amp, using 3 12AX7's and 1 EL84 driving a Celestion Heritage G12H speaker. American Music Supply had it on close out for $625!!

specs here: http://www.laney.co.uk/show_spec.php?prod=l5t-112

I have decided to sell my Richter 5E3-G Amp. It is a great amp, but it just never worked for me. I have had it about 3 months or so and maybe played it about 1 or 2 hours. Virtually new and unblemished. Sara is selling these for $875 according to the latest completed sales on Ebay. I need $650 which will include all Paypal, insurance and shipping costs. It will be shipped in the original box. pm me if interested.

That looks like a fun amp. Of course, they all look fun to me... 3 12AX7s on a 5watt amp - hmmmmmmmmmm... Is it a high gain monster? :)

aw, a shame the Richter didn't work out for ya, Don. have you seen/heard Valvetrains yet? they look very promising. vid clips here. also on youtube. i've played a little Concord & it was a gas - <$500. all u.s.-made & handbuilt, sez there...

that's a solid deal on the 5E3, i'll pass it around...

Hey Steiner, it does have a high gain channel, but what works for me is just a small amount of gain along with being able to overdrive the tubes on the low watt amp. Give it a real low end growl and when you slam a full chord, it is a bit distorted ala some of the old blues clips you see from time to time. I think I may need some new cables shortly!!

Hey Jeff, yes saw the thread on Valvetrain earlier and it perked my ears up. I'm going to build up my reserves again and maybe go for one.

I took my Heritages down to a local luthier last week for a full setup. Looking forward to getting them back and seeing how much difference it makes.

Archived