Heritage Owners Club

Can't think of a guitar I need so I ordered some amps

OK so a while back I posted my built in 63 purchased new in 65 Ampeg ReverbrocketII would whistle with the reverb on so I rarely turned it on but when I did ... So I noticed on TGP one of the local Atlanta amp builders was really into old ampegs so last friday I took it down to Nolatone and it's been on a couple of days and...no whistle. Exciting right?

I was not looking for another amp as I have a Tweed (Swart) a Goodsell and the old Ampeg, what I lack is a marshall and vox. (My vox valvetech does not count) but I have a Hayseed on order so in a month or two I will have an AC15 EF86 to go with my P90 gits so I just need a high gain Marshall to cover my OCD. I brought my 137 and got to play some through Paul's amps and prototypes. His amps love the P90s. Paul is really into chasing tone thinking up stuff and making new stuff he just thought up. You might be aware Nolatone makes the Chimey Limey - V style - and Tango22 -F style, but I just love the sound clips posted on the little Junebug. www.nolatone.com

So what he is going to build me is a high powered (Transformer) June bug that I will attempt to describe... two chanels... clean and a three cascading gain stage. You blend the sweet and wild gain controls to taste.... into the first and shared clean chanel. Thats the pre-amps.

Globel tone control (not a treble bleed but selection of about six postions) Globle cut and master volume

Power section is one 6V6 and one highpower (choice 6L6, EL34 but I will go KT66) you switch which power tube you want so a 5 watt 6V6 or a ??(8) watt Kt66. He will also install a night light which attenuates.. He builds his own cabinets and will have a G12H30. So it should be a sweet little amp.

I know I'm missing a few things but it's a pretty cool way to amp a Heritage.

Any comments on the Nolatone Junebug?

How do you like your Swart? Is it worth the $$?

Tsteel,

That little Swart STR-Tweed is one great little amp very thick cleans and gets nasty at about 11:00. fantastic reverb. Good for jazz, blues and rock. The mojotone greenback with that cab can sing... last couple of days I have it going into my mini-mass and through the line level into my valvetronix making it a pre-amp with tube gain, tone, verb and it runs cool. Graham let it go for $1350 and they have good resale. We are in a golden age for botique amps and mine all seam to run in the $1400 range.

Archived