Heritage Owners Club

Vid: Bonamassa talks about his amp rig

FredZepp

Ya know the guy definitely can play, but I am just not into him at all.

He seems like a modern day Eric Johnson, and even sounds like him.

His tone is REALLY processed with a lot of delay and chorus.

I'd like to hear those amps without all the delay & chorus and maybe just a slight boost with an OD pedal.

Just my opinion.

I liked his tone, just like I like Eric Johnson's tone who is also heavily processed. Come to think of it, many of my favorite players are "heavily processed" Hendrix, Trower, Gilmour, early Santana (listen to the delay/reverb/wah).

Well JB is a talented guy for sure. Sold out show, the man came in at 8 on the dot and wailed for two hours. He said he was ill, in fact he canceled a show the night before in Boston, but he was rocking it for New York. No opening act.

He played a couple of songs, then got a new guitar. He must have played 7 or 8, I lost count. A bunch of Gibson LP style, a flying V, an Explorer, PRS, some I don't know what they were. It made me laugh a little about all the stuff you read about this neck or that neck, fat, slim, C shaped, whatever; he didn't seem to care. Didn't notice any Fenders, and sadly, none of our favorites.

One number he played mostly solo on an acoustic, and he really showed off his incredible skills on that. Percussive yet clean, every note distinct, fast runs, the works.

Not crazy about his singing or choice of material oddly enough. All and all worthwhile though. Doesn't give his band much of a chance to shine on their own. Nothing for the bass player, the piano you hardly knew he was there, the drummer got a 30 second solo with JB standing over him on a monitor! The consensus in my group was he's probably going to get better as time goes on, but he's killer.

Thanks FrankV for the concert review... well done.

I know it would be a rockin' concert.

And I think we all dream of getting a Heritage into someone like Joe's hands. But then the world would know about our Kalamazoo magic....

Thanks FrankV for the concert review... well done.

I know it would be a rockin' concert.

And I think we all dream of getting a Heritage into someone like Joe's hands. But then the world would know about our Kalamazoo magic....

Agreed!!

As much as I would like to see our boys flourish and prosper, there is something magically about explaining "Hell, no it's not a Gibson!! It's is handmade!"

I love the "unique factor" of playing a guitar that very few others have.

No it's not a Slash model, or a Bonamassa model, or a Warren Haynes, or even a Larry Carlton.... it is a John Kuziak signature Heritage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get it, Just have one amp and go with it.

Yeah , I was thinking about that... I bet at home , he would just plug into some sweet tube amp and go with it.

I can't see all of the extra stuff for everyday use..

but I'd probably do a fairly simple set up for a tour also , just maybe some amp switching.

He makes it work in any case....

Yeah , I was thinking about that... I bet at home , he would just plug into some sweet tube amp and go with it.

I can't see all of the extra stuff for everyday use..

but I'd probably do a fairly simple set up for a tour also , just maybe some amp switching.

He makes it work in any case....

to each his own I guess..

Guest tomdread

If I had the amps, roadies, venues and could draw a crowd on the strength of my playing ability I would have different heads and cabs and combos and some cool switching system to control them and the effects. I would bask and delight in the waves of sound that emanated from each speaker and the rich tonal palate I had to choose from.

But I dont have a vast array of amps or the roadies to lug gear for me, and most importantly, the playing ability to draw a big enough crowd to fill a large enough venue to use that kind of rig.

I dont even really totally dig his music tbh. Great player though. But try as hard as I can I just cant fault someone with such cool gear and a willingness and ability to use it.

Yeah, although I usually just plug directly into one of my old Dean Markleys (love their 80's tube amps) or Marshall amps or add an overdrive for the SF Vibro Champ, I can enjoy some effects from time to time.

( I plug directly into the amp w no effects 95% of the time )

The other day I plugged into my Kustom WAV 210 that is a hybrid amp with effects, and man that thing does some great sounding stereo effects. I had a blast with that one .

It's cool because it has this huge footswitch to control the effects hands free and it works excellent. It does a good clean or higher gain sounds and I had forgot how good it could sound.

post-1051-1272040857_thumb.jpg

Great show last night. Sound quality was excellent. Joe played a few harder tunes last night-seemed like he really wanted to rock it. Wore my HOC shirt to see if I would get any reponse from anybody. Didn't-weird as the crowd was filled with older gentlemen.

Great show last night. Sound quality was excellent. Joe played a few harder tunes last night-seemed like he really wanted to rock it. Wore my HOC shirt to see if I would get any reponse from anybody. Didn't-weird as the crowd was filled with older gentlemen.

Hey squawken, I had to laugh at your observation about the "older gentlemen" in the crowd. That was the same at the show I saw last week in Peekskill, NY. A lot of gray heads (where there was hair at all! lol). And mostly guys. I went with my Sis and Bro-in-law, and we were wondering where are all the young'uns? Are the fans of blues based music mostly older white guys? I also found myself wondering how much gear (guits, amps, etc.) is owned by the bunch I was with. Looked like more than a few weekend warriors in attendance!

Good show though, right? I've got a few outstanding photos my Bro' took, he had this camera under his coat, and as the house lights went down, he whips out this professional rig with a lens on it, had to be 18" long! You can see the beads of sweat on Joe's dome!

Hey squawken, I had to laugh at your observation about the "older gentlemen" in the crowd. That was the same at the show I saw last week in Peekskill, NY. A lot of gray heads (where there was hair at all! lol). And mostly guys. I went with my Sis and Bro-in-law, and we were wondering where are all the young'uns? Are the fans of blues based music mostly older white guys? I also found myself wondering how much gear (guits, amps, etc.) is owned by the bunch I was with. Looked like more than a few weekend warriors in attendance!

Good show though, right? I've got a few outstanding photos my Bro' took, he had this camera under his coat, and as the house lights went down, he whips out this professional rig with a lens on it, had to be 18" long! You can see the beads of sweat on Joe's dome!

I was wondering the same thing. Also wondering how many of us were chasing his tone. Also wondering where his fan base will be in 10-20 years?

Archived