Heritage Owners Club

Detroit area Guitar tech recomendations

Redsand

Hey Everyone, Thanks again for all the great suggestions regarding the intial set-up stats! I wound up trying out some DR Blues 11's before I took it in for the set up and really dug the sound and feel, pretty much instantly! Only issue is the low E is now causing some structual vibration noises and or a light fret buzz.

So off to the Guitarman I go........only problem is I only know of Mike Koontz in Ferndale to be an actually reputable tech. I have a guy near my home town named John Dajos who I'm considering giving the work too. I've checked his website and spoken with him thru email. So far, He seem legit and capable

Does anyone have a go to guy hear in Detroit that I can Trust a set-up and nut replacement to my H535 with? and or has anyone heard of this Dajos guy from Livonia?

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Hey Everyone, Thanks again for all the great suggestions regarding the intial set-up stats! I wound up trying out some DR Blues 11's before I took it in for the set up and really dug the sound and feel, pretty much instantly! Only issue is the low E is now causing some structual vibration noises and or a light fret buzz.

So off to the Guitarman I go........only problem is I only know of Mike Koontz in Ferndale to be an actually reputable tech. I have a guy near my home town named John Dajos who I'm considering giving the work too. I've checked his website and spoken with him thru email. So far, He seem legit and capable

Does anyone have a go to guy hear in Detroit that I can Trust a set-up and nut replacement to my H535 with? and or has anyone heard of this Dajos guy from Livonia?

Thanks in advance for the tips.

John Dajos does excellent work! He set up my H 150! I will be calling him shortly for an intonation job on my Guild X170. He is also getting into making his own pickups. If you use him, tell him I sent you! I know Koontz does great work, but he's got to be way backed up...everyone in the Detroit area knows his work. There is also Tom Pellerito in Ypsi.

Sounds good.......I feel better now that I know he's got a fan within our community here! I'll tell him you gave him the thumbs up...thanks for response

Dajos is great! I highly recommend him - just make sure to call and leave a voicemail; he never check's email and is almost always busy working on something so doesn't get to the phone. ***Edit, just noticed you already said you've been talking to him through email already

I've also had some work done at bluefish in Plymouth - they seem to do good work too (forgot his name name, the guy with long hair and glasses)

I used to only trust my gear in the hands of elderly but got tired of driving back and forth to Lansing (that and they generally have rather long turn arround times)

Archived