Heritage Owners Club

How many Guitars is Herigate producing each year?

sdlogan9

Hey guys,  I am new to Gibson based guitars in general.  I have always played strat's.  I currently have a 56 Custom shop strat, and have been looking for a gibson based guitar for a different flavor.  I must say that Heritage guitars look like just the ticket for me.  I am really interested in a Les Paul Jr. like the ones from the 50's early 60's with a single P90.  But anything in this vein will work for me.  I see that Heritage makes a guitar called the H137  that comes close to what I am looking for.  From all that I have read,  I am sure that they are excellent guitars.

So I am kinda wondering -  How many guitars does Heritage make each year?  And if I wanted to get a special order LP Jr. type guitar would they make one with out the price being out of sight?

Peace

Shane

Short answer to question; Absolutely they can, at an absolutely incredible price & value compared to Gi*** (we don't usually promote or say the "dead beat" grandmother here).

Wait is anywhere from 4-8 months (solid bodies like you asking about closer to 4-6 months)

What custom specs/mods are you looking for?

BTW, I'll give a plug for Brent's guitar. Very Good price in very good condition.

Thanks for the warm welcome, 

I would be looking for a LP Jr. double cut w/ single P90, but hey I guess I could be open to anything..   To order a custom built guitar,  can I do that direct?

Peace

Shane

you have to go through a dealer...i asked the last time i was at the shop

Welcome to HOC.  The H-137 with either single or dual Jason Lollar P-90 pickups is just like a Gibson Jr. (or '55 Special.)  A fabulous guitar and for lots less money ($500) than Gibson wants for their re-issue.  I'd personally opt for the dual P-90 (you can always NOT use the neck pickup, yet keep the option...).  I have the H-137 wiith dual P-90s.  Hope you'll go with the Heritage.

Cheers, Cryoman

Welcome to the Club!

Considering that Heritage is run by the guys who were building the Gibbons guitars back in the "golden age" of the late 50s, using many of the same tools and fixtures, and the same techniques, I don't think you can go wrong (and I do think they need to market that angle) with a Heritage.  But, owning three Heritages (of varying ages and styles), I might be biased. ;)

I do have a first-run H137D, with dual buckers.  Completely different beast than the current P90 H137s, but if the build quality is the same (and I believe it is, if not better), you can't lose.  My understanding is that Heritage builds around 1500 guitars (maybe) per year, but I'm sure someone else here has a better, more accurate answer for that question. 

I asked Bill Page & Vince a couple weeks ago when I was at the factory. more details to follow about this incredible trip.

I think they are really pushing it to get 1,100 a year and more like 1,000. But they hope to increase production.

Crazy how they try to over inflate their production rates.

Archived