Heritage Owners Club

Should I get this Twin Reverb?

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

There's a mint Twin Reverb, probably just a few years old (not vintage), I can pick up locally for $500-600. I would use it for clean jazz mostly and at lower volumes. Is it worth that much? Can I do better for that price? Thanks.

There's a mint Twin Reverb, probably just a few years old (not vintage), I can pick up locally for $500-600. I would use it for clean jazz mostly and at lower volumes. Is it worth that much? Can I do better for that price? Thanks.

Seems like a decent price to me..They are great for the clean jazz thing, but man are they HEAVY!! Just Sayin.. :lol:

Guest mgoetting
Seems like a decent price to me..They are great for the clean jazz thing, but man are they HEAVY!! Just Sayin.. :lol:

I had one many years ago, but that was made in the 60's. I remember how heavy and loud it was. And I remember the incredible boom when someone jarred the amp at full volume and blasted us with reverb.

Is the tone different in the more recent Twins?

IMHO, that's a lot of amp if you're only going to play at low volume. Granted, the clean sound is beautiful. but as smurph1 said... Man are they HEAVY!

I've had a few Twins over the years, but changed to Vibroluxes mainly because of the weight. Mind you, it wasn't really just the clean sound I was after.

Cheers, Ron

I've played many Fender amps over the years. The reissue Twin is fine. Vintage collectors will stick their noses up at the circuit board in there, but it works fine.

Thing is, a Twin is VERY loud. I mean, earshattering loud. You sure you need that? A Deluxe might serve you better. Lighter as well. Think about it.

Guest mgoetting

No, I'm not at all sure I want it. I lugged a Twin to practices and gigs a long time, up and down stairs. It's all coming back to me.

I'll hold off.

No, I'm not at all sure I want it. I lugged a Twin to practices and gigs a long time, up and down stairs. It's all coming back to me.

I'll hold off.

:lol:

It's true that if you are the one carrying these things... it can change your feelings about an amp.

Sure .. an occasional gig with a heavy (but great sounding) amp.. but not on a regular basis if it can be helped....

I'll hold off.

Good idea. Wait for a good deal in something smaller. You'll enjoy it more. After all, a Twin has to be blasted to reach its full sound potential. Like buying an Italian sportscar that can go 200 and only going 65 in it.

Find a 1X12 amp. Many around. Don't forget the tubes..

Guest mgoetting
If you don't want it and it's in good shape, I'd be happy to buy it. Can you hook me up?

PM sent

Archived