Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Byrdland?

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Has Heritage made a 23.5 inch scale? I don't think it would work for my fat fingers, but I wondered.

Guest mgoetting
I felt the urge to show off mine. It has played lot's of Nuge!

post-1538-1278879313_thumb.jpg

Hey, man. What are those Heritages doing hanging around with that riff raff?

Nice looking Byrd.

I felt the urge to show off mine. It has played lot's of Nuge!

post-1538-1278879313_thumb.jpg

Well . . . .what can I say??? Fleur De Lis on the head stock . . . . it's final . . . . . Ilove it!! I'll probably get my tit in a wringer, once again here on HOC . . . . . . but, I LOVE vintage Gibson!!!! It's a beautiful Birdland. Period!!

There's a funny looking fella.

I would have gone with a 16 inch body.

Funny looking fella?? Come on man . . .. . that's a beautiful guitar! Go on their web site and look at all the pics. You're kind'a into that 16" thing now because the Sweet Sixteen you got comming has your nose wide open. The body depth and the short scale is why this is being considered a Birdland "type" arch top. In any event, it's a beautiful Heritage guitar. This guy, Lou Del Rosso usually gets some primo stuff. Keep his web site handy. You'll see some really nice stuff there. Unfortunately, you gotta sort through a gazillion Eastman guitars to find "the goods".

Well . . . .what can I say??? Fleur De Lis on the head stock . . . . it's final . . . . . Ilove it!! I'll probably get my tit in a wringer, once again here on HOC . . . . . . but, I LOVE vintage Gibson!!!! It's a beautiful Birdland. Period!!

Not a fleur de lis, actually, it is a flaming torch.... I think it is the same as an L5 headstock.

Not a fleur de lis, actually, it is a flaming torch.... I think it is the same as an L5 headstock.

Yep!! Flaming torch . . . . my mistake. That Byrdland is really nice. A prime example of a great guitar out of ol' Parsons Street. I wonder what the actual history on it is. I wonder whose hands actually made it what it is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Marv shaped the neck. But back then they had so many people there . . . there's no just telling.

She is a real beauty. I looked quite a while before I found it. The finish is nearly perfect, and the only real signs of wear is the typical tarnish of the gold pickup covers. Here is a link to a video made by the dealer from whom I bought it... it's good for a chuckle.

http://www.frettedamericana.com/showvideo.php?video_id=147

For now it is in the case quite a bit, as I am enjoying my new 157 too much!

Archived