Heritage Owners Club

vintage grover tuners

cod65

yesterday I was tightening up the pegs on my 575 's grovers and realized 3 of the screws were completely wrong and wouldn't tighten fully.

anybody have an idea where I might find some parts for these grovers? they look rather obscure

I may try the hardware store. they are prolly not metric. at leat I may find some longer ones, which seems to be the main problem

SO i went my local hardware store and found some mini bolts. here are some pics. the flathead is the cheap hardware store replacements(not stainless or nickel ) and the phillips heads are the original. THey worked out OK, but the metal is a little too soft I feel and wont take a lot of torque. At least I know that these old Grovers are metric 2.5mm with a superfine thread count.

I forgot to try StewMac today. I dont see anything in their catalog tho. Might give them a ring tomorrow, but Im in the process of moving, so things are in upheaval mode- gotta stay away from this dang board!

post-135-1279171244_thumb.jpg

No go on the Stew-mac. She actually said she had several inquiries for the same thing today ---- hmmmm....

gonna look online I guess. Maybe try a few more hardware stores

Archived