Heritage Owners Club

One of my favorite Heritage players

jazzrat

Patrick,

I tend to like that modern tone a lot but it's all good.

I dig the modern and the classic tones equally. Just depends on my mood I guess.

Muthspiel is definitely trying to carve out his own unique identity (as evidenced by his choice in guitars and his duo work with Blade) and I respect that a lot.

I have to say though, my girl heard me listening to his 4tet record the other day and asked me if I was listening to the smooth jazz channel! :D

I dig the modern and the classic tones equally. Just depends on my mood I guess.

Muthspiel is definitely trying to carve out his own unique identity (as evidenced by his choice in guitars and his duo work with Blade) and I respect that a lot.

I have to say though, my girl heard me listening to his 4tet record the other day and asked me if I was listening to the smooth jazz channel! ^_^

I agree on the unique identity. Either he is as astute in music business as he is proficient in his guitar skills . . . or he has a great management team guiding him. When I listened to him (as a result of your posting, never heard of him before that) the thing that didn't immediately pop into my mind was . . . "gee, he sounds like . . . . . or he reminds me of . . . . "

As for your woman asking if you were listening to soft jazz, that's usually where most non musicians catagorize anything that doesn't sound like a main stream jazz standard. Don't be too hard on her :D

Archived