Heritage Owners Club

One of my favorite Heritage players

jazzrat

Muthspiel is awesome! Love the records he's done with Brian Blade

Oh yeah...just the two of them! Whether you like looping or not you've got to appreciate

what they are doing. Brian Blade is a monster.

Oh yeah...just the two of them! Whether you like looping or not you've got to appreciate

what they are doing. Brian Blade is a monster.

'Friendly Travelers' is great. I really like the trio record they did entitled 'Real Book Stories' as well.

You're right, Blade is amazing. It's quite a pairing. Seeing Muthspiel rocking his Heritage is just the icing on the cake! :)

I actually play *just* like that......for maybe one or two measures,

then I have to stop and go...What was that!

Then I can never repeat it. And that's only at home where I'm *really* good.

On the gig it's all clams, all the time. :)

Top notch! Love the tone!

I knew I recognized the 'honk' in that tone! Dig what he's playing through!

Looks like an AC30.

I was just going to say is that a Vox he is playing through???!!!!

I know that John Scofield uses an AC30 but that is with some pedal for a slightly over driven sound.

I never heard a AC30 sound that round, warm, with that much bass.

Great tone.

I was just going to say is that a Vox he is playing through???!!!!

I know that John Scofield uses an AC30 but that is with some pedal for a slightly over driven sound.

I never heard a AC30 sound that round, warm, with that much bass.

Great tone.

Yep. On my clean channel, I set the 'stacked' tone knobs all at 12 o'clock or at mid point, use the tone knob to adjust for the room, turn channel volume all the way up and control the overall channel output with the gain knob and kill the reverb. That is how I get a similar tone on my AC50CP2.

That vid was quite nice.

Interesting... he has an old Silvertone/Danelectro guitar sitting beside him... seems unusual for this type of music.

The Millie sounds great.

I noticed that Dano sitting there and wondered about it.

I've not seen him use it but I've seen him do some nylon string

classical sounding stuff that is killer so I know he has

lots of influences and flavors in his playing.

Guest mgoetting
Top notch! Love the tone!

I knew I recognized the 'honk' in that tone! Dig what he's playing through!

Looks like an AC30.

Wait a second! What are you saying about Millie Eagles?

Geese honk, not eagles.

The cat can play! But, for me personally, it's great to see someone in that venue who doesn't have more hair on his head than I do. B) I love the way he is thinking 3 or 4 phrases beyond what he is playing. I love his touch and his emotional connection with the piece he's playing. He's in touch with that tune!! Also, this video helps me to clear up a question I posed in an earlier thread. The tone he achieves out of that guitar, with it's tune-a-matic bridge tells me that I am definitely going to stick with all ebony bridge saddles on my arch tops. I'm sure that guitar wails on the more contemporary type of jazz songs. But I found myself trying to hear each note he was playing with more of a woody "jazzier" tone or sound. But, that's just me. Of course, if I could play like him . . . I would have no problem settling for any sound that came out of the amp.

The cat can play! But, for me personally, it's great to see someone in that venue who doesn't have more hair on his head than I do. B) I love the way he is thinking 3 or 4 phrases beyond what he is playing. I love his touch and his emotional connection with the piece he's playing. He's in touch with that tune!! Also, this video helps me to clear up a question I posed in an earlier thread. The tone he achieves out of that guitar, with it's tune-a-matic bridge tells me that I am definitely going to stick with all ebony bridge saddles on my arch tops. I'm sure that guitar wails on the more contemporary type of jazz songs. But I found myself trying to hear each note he was playing with more of a woody "jazzier" tone or sound. But, that's just me. Of course, if I could play like him . . . I would have no problem settling for any sound that came out of the amp.

Patrick,

I tend to like that modern tone a lot but it's all good.

I actually have a tune-o-matic ordered for my 575.

In my case it's not a tone issue as much a playing in tune. With some nasty arthritis

related stuff I can't use anything heavier than 11's and 10's are even better.

I am keeping the rosewood bridge on my Guild as it will be more of a sit

around the house guitar.

Patrick,

I tend to like that modern tone a lot but it's all good.

I actually have a tune-o-matic ordered for my 575.

In my case it's not a tone issue as much a playing in tune. With some nasty arthritis

related stuff I can't use anything heavier than 11's and 10's are even better.

I am keeping the rosewood bridge on my Guild as it will be more of a sit

around the house guitar.

I am not opposed to TOM's. The 140 has one. My two hollows, though, have carved bridges.

Archived